Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Artmbgolf Oct 2019 ...

Artmbgolf Oct 2019 Report  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
10/22/2019 2:05 pm  
Posted by: @kio57

Hey Art, you have Myrtlewood Palmetto rated a 6 for the course but you state that "the fairways and tees were excellent". Is your 6 based primarily on the course layout? 

I have it scheduled for Feb, I'm not really concerned about the layout, so I just wanted to get your perspective o the course condition only.

Thanks for the detailed report as always!

In my reports, I tend to keep my course rating where I have it rated against all MB courses,
although I dropped the Big Cats a lot for their neglect.    Maybe I should have rated MW a 7, 
with the good conditions.    

My 6 MW rating is mainly for the layout, which makes it a good warmup course or good
for a value lineup.    Conditions were excellent, along with good new greens.  The fairways
and tees did have 2 months of rest, as it was only re-opened for 2 weeks, when I played.      

When some courses get new greens, they also upgrade the maint on the rest of the course.  

Palmetto has wide fairways and almost no carries into greens, so it's great for a warmup or 
happy to be golfing winter trip.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Bigred
(@bigred)
10/29/2019 2:28 pm  

Art great Trip Report you got to play some nice course and good info on Restaurants

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: