Notifications
Clear all

4-24-19 Thistle & Sandpiper Bay (w/UGP)  

RSS

Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
05/07/2019 9:43 am  

Hadnt played Thistle in several years, mainly due to conditioning issues, but this year was a green light on conditions so it made this years playlist.

Bag drop was a zoo, but the staff handled it well & we got out on time. 

No issues here with conditions, great shape all the way around. Finished up & headed over to Sandpiper Bay.

Sandpiper Bay.

This was our rainout on arrival day that we rescheduled. Again, another course that we had scheduled several times over recent years, but had to change due to conditions. It was worth the wait, since as of April, everything here was in great shape. 

I had forgotten how much water was on this course, even though I avoided most of it. 

UGP joined us again for this round, and with no one ahead of or behind us, it was another perfect day in a great foursome. 

I finally reined in the chaos in my golf swing & played closer to my abilities & shot my low round of the week, no doubt due to UGP & I teaming up to form the Par Club, complete with secret handshake executed whenever he & I made the only pars on a hole. 

Again, if you have a chance to play with UGP, you should do it. Thanks for joining us again & looking forward to next tine.

PSX 20190514 105952

ps.....I'm the guy on the left.

?

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Prominent Member
05/10/2019 8:06 am  

Thanks for report on both Thistle and Sandpiper, and sure agree that playing with UGP is a great experience.

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
05/10/2019 12:07 pm  

Thanks for the report on conditions

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
05/14/2019 11:46 am  

Played both last fall and they were in excellent condition even with the hurricane two weeks prior to our arrival.  Was really impressed with the new greens at Sandpiper Bay.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Honorable Member
05/14/2019 12:47 pm  

thanks for the update!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Honorable Member
05/14/2019 1:26 pm  

Way to go Skippy, thank you!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
05/15/2019 10:24 am  

Look forward to coming back to play Skipster - remember to hit the *&$&*@! ball when you swing - no deceleration!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
05/15/2019 12:07 pm  

Still using that as my "Go-to" fix !!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Prominent Member
05/19/2019 6:00 pm  

I recognise Undercover Pro (UGP). I have been fortunate to play with him and Art at Crown Park. It was a memorable round of golf.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
Share: