Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

4-21-2019 Surf Club...

4-21-2019 Surf Club w/UGP & Myrtlwood Palmetto  

RSS

Skippy
(@skippy)
Trusted Member
03/05/2019 3:23 pm  

Today we met the man behind the hat...the Forum's very own Undercover Golf Pro @ the Surf Club. 

First of all, if you get a chance to play with UGP, do it. Really enjoyed our round together...just wish I had played a little better. I did get a good tip/swing thought on about the 3rd hole that has been very helpful.

Surf Club was in prime condition. I had forgotten how much undulation was in the greens there & they were smooth & fast! 

Back to no overseed around the greens & when I did miss a green (most of them) I usually was short-sided & hitting from a very tight lie.

If conditions are your priority, Surf Club has to win the "Best bang for the buck" award.

When you can thoroughly enjoy a round of golf while shooting a horrendous score, it's a sure thing you're on a great course with good company.  That suns it up right there.

-- attachment is not available --

Myrtlewood Palmetto

Surf Club was closed for maintenance that afternoon, so couple quick texts to Brian & we headed down to Myrtlewood. 

Hadn't played here in quite a few years, but Brian said he had played there last week & the greens were awesome.

Very busy at the bag drop, esp for the Monday after Easter, but we got off on time & for the first time this trip, we found ourselves waiting between shots, but still got around in about 4 hours.

Course was in great shape...best we've ever seen it. Greens were smooth and a good speed. Some water still being pumped out of fairway bunkers, but to be expected after the rains last Friday.

Palmetto filled the bill perfectly as a last minute fill in to complete our 3rd day in a row of 36/day. Walk in rate was $66.

I tried to post a picture of me & UGP, but kept getting an error message, so I'll leave it to him to add it in a reply.

aviary image 1556586245304

aviary image 1556623619893

This topic was modified 3 months ago 3 times by Skippy

jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
14/05/2019 12:55 pm  

Thanks for the update, nice report on the courses. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
14/05/2019 1:32 pm  

Great once again Skippy!

Thank you!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
14/05/2019 6:18 pm  

Thanks for the Update.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
15/05/2019 9:28 am  

Enjoyed the round at Surf - Skippy was good for my game at the courses we played together - missed shooting my age at Sandpiper on a long lip out on the 18th hole.

Skippy UGP

As you can see, we have way too many tall golfers on MBGT

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
19/05/2019 6:02 pm  

Thanks for this report. If you want to learn how to hit a golf ball, play with UGP when you are in Myrtle Beach. This guy is good. 

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
22/05/2019 11:54 pm  

Nice report Skippy

jw11

This post was modified 2 months ago by jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
23/05/2019 1:46 pm  

UGP we will be fine in the Short department. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
23/05/2019 7:03 pm  
Posted by: jbshepherds

UGP we will be fine in the Short department. 

Short guys rule!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
25/05/2019 6:43 am  

Thanks for your report and good to read you played with UGP a great guy with a very solid game.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
25/05/2019 7:41 am  

For sure, and UGP has long cigars also.?

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
26/05/2019 7:08 am  

S....t  Long cigars last longer - it's physics, just like a golf swing.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
26/05/2019 11:00 am  

I agree ? 

ReplyQuote
Share: