2021 Random Musings

Notifications
Clear all

2021 Random Musings

Page 2 / 2

Metric
(@metric)
Trusted Member

Some of the restaurants are so short handed they’re closing a day or two during the week.

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@metric

I can believe that....almost every business we visited had help wanted signs in view.

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Posted by: @tadpole

Thanks for the musings.  I take it from the "place was packed" comment that MB must be completely open, not holding to 25% occupancy or social distancing.  That California Dreaming restaurant was one of my favorite places.  Hope it returns by October.  

You can get you CA Dreaming fix at the one Polekat listed in Surfside, near the 
old Wicked Stick, Carolina Roadhouse or Boundary House.   |

Clarke's in Little River, owners of Boundary House, serves the same salad with dinner.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member

There is a "Nightlife" folder? What am I missing?

Thanks for the report. We just got back from the Golf coast. Everything looked fully open. Some businesses are requiring masks but it's an individual business thing.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Posted by: @kio57

There is a "Nightlife" folder? What am I missing?

Thanks for the report. We just got back from the Golf coast. Everything looked fully open. Some businesses are requiring masks but it's an individual business thing.

It's in Dining + Entertainment.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Frostyjock
(@frostyjock)
Eminent Member

Skippy

Many thanks for the reports during your trip and the Random Musings which have as always been fun to read. We too stay in the Barefoot Yacht Club Villas and wonder if it might be the same one as the photo looks just like the view from the balconies we have - think we have been on floor eight for the last few trips.

Your visit is usually just before our MB trip at the end of April/beginning of May so I always look forward to seeing your posts as it usually means our trip is now just round the corner. Unfortunately we've had to roll this year's trip forward to 2022 just as we had to last year so it will be a long three years between our MB visits I'm afraid. We are finalising our tee times with Brian at the moment though so we have the arrangements for our 2022 trip in place for the courses whose tee sheets are open for next Spring.

I see you are going to be posting a GC report which was one question I had for you. Will be interesting to hear how they are operating.

I forget if you guys drive or fly to MB. If you fly were there significant changes to flights - the planes that fly into MB are pretty small compared to the transatlantic ones we get for the first leg of our journeys to MB and you are pretty close to your fellow passengers on the connecting flights so wondered if they were limiting the numbers on the flights? How did you find the car hire arrangements if you hire a car? The prices look to be three or four times the price they were in 2019 which seems to be down to car hire companies understandably not taking on new vehicles when their older stock has been sold off as there has been no demand for the last year. Hopefully with things picking up they will start replenishing their stock levels although if their margins are through the roof because of the increased pricing then they might focus on profit over turnover which wouldn't be good for us consumers for however long that lasts.

Thanks again for the reports - they allowed us to have a vicarious MB experience which is all we can do at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Metric
(@metric)
Trusted Member

As far as flights go my sister flew out of Myrtle this past Sunday morning to Pittsburgh. She was on Spirit and there wasn’t an empty seat on the plane. 

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member

I believe Delta was the last airline to block center seats. And they opened those up at the beginning of this month. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: