Notifications
Clear all

Ok...Who got their vaccine?

Page 4 / 6

BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Estimable Member

My wife got both of her shots as she works at a hospital.  I joke with her and tell her at the current rate of distribution, I'll be right behind Zager & Evans.  In the Year 2525.

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
wolverine12
(@wolverine12)
Eminent Member

I got my appointment for Thurs @ 6:30 at a vaccine clinic on Montreal south shore.

DenisGilbert, jw11, leftygar1 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@wolverine12

Great. Hoping that you can have your second shot in a near future. 

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

I am getting my first Saturday at 7:30am, then normal time frame for second one. I am happy to be getting this over with finally. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

jw11 and DenisGilbert liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Me and my wife will have our first vaccine Monday March 29th. I am very happy. Our second dose will be in 3 or 4 months, in time for my trip at Myrtle Beach scheduled for November and December. 

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Estimable Member

Got a phone call from a friend on Monday that has a family member working at a small facility giving out the vaccine.  They had some late cancellations and the shots needed to be used before expiring.  Hopped in my car for a 30 minute drive and I can know say I have the first dose.

Felt fine most of the day yesterday, but pretty close to 24 hours after receiving it, started getting some aches and chills.  Took some Tylenol and a couple hours later I was feeling fine. 

Next dose is the first week of April and I can rest a little easier heading down to Myrtle a few weeks later.

DenisGilbert, leftygar1, S***H and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I got my second dose this past Friday.  No side effects (except these extra toes that grew on my left foot).  I even played pickleball the next day and had a band gig later.  I’m looking forward to getting down to MB at the end of the month!

BTW - are GCs open down there?  (Asking for a friend)

ReplyQuote
djgoodmansr
(@djgoodmansr)
Trusted Member

Got my 2nd dose (Pfizer) on Feb 17th. Wife nor I had any issues. Yes, feel more comfortable traveling again. 4-some will be in Myrtle March 20-27.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Posted by: @artist08

For awhile, bars were to close at 10:30pm.  I don't know if that is still on. 

With not a lot of visitor golfers in town and being careful about CV, the GCs 
must be fairly empty of customers and talent.  It seems to me that it could 
be a super spreader place to go.   

I am getting my first shot 3/11.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @artist08

I got my second dose this past Friday.  No side effects (except these extra toes that grew on my left foot).  I even played pickleball the next day and had a band gig later.  I’m looking forward to getting down to MB at the end of the month!

I was planning on asking the same question about the GC's.  Same question, different friend.

I know when things started re-opening last year, the GC's were able to open for food service.  I myself wouldn't mind checking out some nice chicken breast or a rump roast.

Both the Master's and Thee Dollhouse have hours posted on their sites.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Posted by: H">@s333h

Me and my wife will have our first vaccine Monday March 29th. I am very happy. Our second dose will be in 3 or 4 months, in time for my trip at Myrtle Beach scheduled for November and December. 

I'm really happy for your wife and yourself @s333h.

That means there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@denisgilbert

I know that you are a lot younger than me but i am hoping that you will receive yours in a very near future. After that, everything become possible again Denis.

ReplyQuote
djgoodmansr
(@djgoodmansr)
Trusted Member

Do you mean 2nd shot scheduled in 3-4 weeks or months? 2nd Pfizer supposed to be approximately 21 days after 1st and Moderna approximately 28 days after the first. I realize the 21 and 28 days are approximations but curious if it’s ok to wait 3-4 months.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Had my first only soreness in the arm, second is 4/3 i got the Moderna one. After that whole family will have it but the Girls, my oldest will be 16 this year and we have to see what we will do. 

Myrtle look out we are coming in July. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@djgoodmansr

In Canada, the second dose is scheduled 3 months after the first one. It is because they want to administer the first dose of the vaccine to more people. Canada has a lot less of vaccine available than in the USA. 

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6
Share: