Notifications
Clear all

Ok...Who got their vaccine?

Page 3 / 4

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

@golfdawgz

Driving a rig was always a blast, when I retired I was a Capt. on Rescue 2 in our city, I miss the fun with the guys and enjoy not going into a burning building any longer.   Can only guess how tough you had it when something happened in the Air Force. Maybe once I am able to get back to MB in Nov. this year we can hook up for a game somewhere.

Also agree no better job to have wearing civvies then driving a Pump or Ladder Truck. 

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

Posted by: @brewcrew

Interested to hear why not. 

Not enough testing - no idea of the long term effects - we will have herd immunity very soon, and we're not worried about getting it. Might or might not die from Covid but I'm going to die from something. Plus I heard that after Covid you become a better putter!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@undercover-golf-pro

I respect your opinion UGP. No doubt about that. But can i say you that ,this morning, 626 000 has been vaccinated in South Carolina, and 237 000 has received their second dose. Do you know that according to a recent study conducted by Pfizer in Israel, published one week ago, the vaccine has great results on the long term? The vaccine prevent to have serious complications at 98%, and 99% for to prevent deaths. And, the vaccine prevent at 88% to give the Covid-19 at others persons. So the results are great. When we receive a vaccine, it is not only for us but also for others, our families and our friends. I think that we all should be vaccinated.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

leftygar1 and kio57 liked
ReplyQuote
w082828
(@w082828)

Medical Journal of New England did a study on people's T level (antibody level I guess) for patients that had the virus.  Their t level was 500 or so.  This a good number according to a local heart doctor. 

But, people that had the vaccination, their T level was 180,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leftygar1 and S***H liked
ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Trusted Member

Fortunate to get our first shot on 01/18 and the 2nd on 02/18.  A big thank you to Publix Pharmacy.  We had to drive from Calabash to Charleston to get it, no regrets... besides it was raining and cold so golf was not an option.  I did have a low grade temp with some body aches after the 2nd vaccine but it was shortlived for about 12 hrs.  Feeling fine since.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Posted by: @dch1950

Fortunate to get our first shot on 01/18 and the 2nd on 02/18.  A big thank you to Publix Pharmacy.  We had to drive from Calabash to Charleston to get it, no regrets... besides it was raining and cold so golf was not an option.  I did have a low grade temp with some body aches after the 2nd vaccine but it was shortlived for about 12 hrs.  Feeling fine since.

Thanks DCH

Moderna  or Pfizer ?

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Trusted Member

@jw11

Moderna

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

All men can use Higher T levels, helps us in other places. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

@dch1950

I got Moderna too. 2nd vaccine in two days.

I keep hearing the 2nd vaccine with Moderna causes symptoms more than the Pfizer vaccine.

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Got my 2nd Moderna 24 hours ago.

No side effects at all so far.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@jw11

You have done the right thing. It is the fastest way to have a safe life again.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

leftygar1 liked
ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

Got my second Moderna vaccination yesterday and my wife got hers this morning.  My arm is pretty sore but other than that I'm okay.  Hope you all are being safe and getting your opportunity to be vaccinated.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @tadpole

Got my second Moderna vaccination yesterday and my wife got hers this morning.  My arm is pretty sore but other than that I'm okay.  Hope you all are being safe and getting your opportunity to be vaccinated.

That is good to hear, seen some people that didnt do well. Some people i think have it in their head. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Reputable Member

Got my 2nd shot Sunday....MUCH stronger side effects. Spent all day yesterday fighting alternating fever & chills, the teeth chattering kind. Better today, but still not 100%.

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

My Father in law could barely walk the next morning. My wife had no issues. My BIL girl friend had all the chills fever and such. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: