Notifications

New Golf Galaxy  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Prominent Member
12/09/2019 1:29 pm  

With this new twin format, Dick's won't need space for a golf dept.   

My Dicks has been growing their golf dept, but it's still not as big as a Golf Galaxy
store, which isn't as big as a PGA Superstore. 

I think Golfsmith's Extreme store in MB closed mostly due to Golfsmith folding.   

It's nice having another golf store, but it's difficult to drive past the PGA Superstore, 
where we know they have what we want, unless it's out of stock.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Prominent Member
12/09/2019 2:32 pm  

@artmbgolf

I try to give PGA Superstore some business in Myrtle Beach even if I don't frequently buy new clubs from them. I usually purchase used clubs, gloves, apparel discounted from them. Its a good store with a very good inventory. At Golf Galaxy, it seems to me that the selection is poorer. It is surprising for a "specialty" store. I would say that the PGA Superstore is in general superior all around. Maybe that i am wrong, just my opinion.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Honorable Member
12/09/2019 7:28 pm  

Good prices on indoor lessons at Golf Galaxy.

I've never had a lesson , but have inquired about lessons "for a friend" .

The instructor tapes your swing for a few minutes then the instructor and student watch the tapes together and the instructor points out the students weaknesses,  then they work on them at the indoor hitting bays.

Fyi.

Maybe something to consider during the winter season.

jw11

This post was modified 2 months ago by jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Honorable Member
02/18/2020 11:53 am  

I am interested in the new store to see how it goes, i do like the PGA superstore but dont buy clubs, i get other things there when in town. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
02/18/2020 3:48 pm  
Posted by: @jw11

One positive thing about Golf Galaxy though is I went there asking about getting fitted for irons and the gentleman told me it was $100 to get fitted but if you end up buying the clubs the $100 goes into the price of the clubs.

So,basically you get your $100 back (or you don't pay for the fitting).

Fitting=$100

Clubs=$500

Total out of pocket=$500

Which is a great deal compared to all these new club fitting stores that are opening up.

Most of these stores want $150 for the fitting.... and you do not get that money back if you buy the clubs.

Clubs =$500

Fitting=$150

Total out of pocket=$650

FYI

jw11

JW - who knew you are a math wizard - had to use some calculus figuring all that out!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
02/18/2020 3:50 pm  
Posted by: @jbshepherds

I am interested in the new store to see how it goes, i do like the PGA superstore but dont buy clubs, i get other things there when in town. 

Best case scenario for us golfers is that prices come down (especially on used clubs) due to competition

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
drmelotti@aol.com
(@drmelottiaol-com)
Eminent Member
02/20/2020 4:22 pm  

I to am a used club buyer, for the most part all my buying is Callaway for Callaway, you can not beat their prices off the preowned site, just purchased a Callaway Epic Flash in Like New condition (It may of been an indoor demo or closed store stock) but still have the stickers on it, my price $285 with OEM headover, Dicks was still selling them for $539 and Pro Golf for $500, I do this with irons, wedges, and putters. Plus Callaway will give you about 30% more trade in value for your clubs than the PGA Blue Book values, our Ping rep loves to call me a Cally slappy, but their equipment and particularly their customer service is second to none.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Honorable Member
02/20/2020 7:41 pm  
Posted by: @drmelottiaol-com

I to am a used club buyer, for the most part all my buying is Callaway for Callaway, you can not beat their prices off the preowned site, just purchased a Callaway Epic Flash in Like New condition (It may of been an indoor demo or closed store stock) but still have the stickers on it, my price $285 with OEM headover, Dicks was still selling them for $539 and Pro Golf for $500, I do this with irons, wedges, and putters. Plus Callaway will give you about 30% more trade in value for your clubs than the PGA Blue Book values, our Ping rep loves to call me a Cally slappy, but their equipment and particularly their customer service is second to none.

Good to know

thanks

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: