Notifications
Clear all

Made the move!

Page 2 / 2

OBBlues
(@obblues)
Estimable Member

Congrats on the move. Enjoy (as many of us are massively jealous). 

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

International Club got nice new greens in 2018 or 19

Congrats on the move

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Trusted Member

Hey 2nd+G congratulations.  My wife and I have been staying in PI for 20 years.  I'm assuming you drove a few times to MI and would like to know your best route.  Also I come down in August and would like to buy you a few beers and pick your brain about the purchasing process.  Seriously!  Be well and stay healthy, John

ReplyQuote
SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @hookybass

Hey 2nd+G congratulations.  My wife and I have been staying in PI for 20 years.  I'm assuming you drove a few times to MI and would like to know your best route.  Also I come down in August and would like to buy you a few beers and pick your brain about the purchasing process.  Seriously!  Be well and stay healthy, John

Thanks, John! Honestly, the best route we've found is to just trust Google Maps. It's really good about finding the fastest route. We've done everything going through NYC from straight down 95 over the GWB to going around the city on the Tappan Zee to going through the city on Hutchinson Parkway and pulling a U-turn in the middle of the city to get on the GWB. The other spot it varied the route quite a bit was going through Baltimore/Washington. Sometimes the BWI Parkway (which is not for the faint of heart), sometimes 95, sometimes 495.

We recently gave up on making it all the way down in one shot (mostly for the benefit of Mrs. Secondandgoal, she gets antsy after a long time on the highway), and found Ashland VA to be a great place to stop. Tons of hotels within a mile of the highway, and a lot of good restaurants. For us, the drive was typically 14 hours, and Ashland was about 9 hours from MA. We preferred to bite off a bigger chunk the first day so we could do something besides drive and unpack the second day.

As far as picking my alleged brain about the purchasing process, we've gone through both buying a vacation/investment property and now a full time home down here. We looked everywhere from Pawleys to Sunset Beach, NC. I'd be more than happy to share whatever information I can from the experience.

hookybass liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: