Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Highway 31 Update  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

RickK
(@rickk)
Eminent Member
19/07/2019 2:23 pm  

Not advocating they do this but....

Here in my part of the country, they have been building toll roads/toll road extensions for some time now.  They have one construction company in particular which has it down to a science.  My understanding is they have incentives/penalties built into their contracts for the construction.  They work 24 hours a day.  One one such extension which runs close to where I live, they were pouring concrete between midnight and 4am many nights.

There is a 24 mile section of Interstate 69 that has been under construction for 6 years now and is no where near being completed.  2 years after that construction was started, the company that does toll roads began an 53 mile extension of Grand Parkway.  It has been open and they have been collecting tolls on it for 2 almost 2 years. 

So, when there is an incentive to get something done and be able to collect money on an ongoing basis...highway construction can move at a much greater pace.  Again, I am not advocating they do toll roads there.  Just stating facts about highway construction has gone here.   

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
19/07/2019 2:58 pm  

RickK -

As a former northerner - things don't move too fast down here!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
19/07/2019 4:41 pm  

Patience. Patience. 

ReplyQuote
RickK
(@rickk)
Eminent Member
19/07/2019 5:04 pm  
Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro

RickK -

As a former northerner - things don't move too fast down here!

I grew up in Alabama...I know about things moving slow.  🙂

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
28/07/2019 1:47 pm  

Once open it will make the south end courses look a lot better to drive to.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
28/07/2019 3:26 pm  
Posted by: @leftygar1

Once open it will make the south end courses look a lot better to drive to.

Might make it 7 minutes shorter!!!  We can go south together in November

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
28/07/2019 4:30 pm  

@undercover-golf-pro

Works for me.  We are so close to 22 I am feeling it will be a bit more then a 7 minute savings, Trad. WB and RC are all close to an hour now.  Driving there np it's the drive back home that kills us  😊 

ReplyQuote
Metric
(@metric)
Eminent Member
28/07/2019 5:45 pm  

@undercover-golf-pro on a normal day you’re probably right. But on a summer Friday Saturday or Sunday I guarantee it will save a lot more time. There are times on the weekends that it takes up to 25 minutes to get from the NC/SC line to RT 9. Add in the new traffic from Heather Glen and Bay Tree and it’s going to be a royal mess before long.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
28/07/2019 6:58 pm  

@metric

Summer traffic everyone says is brutal, thank god when we are down from Nov. to late April it moves pretty good.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
29/07/2019 5:45 am  

Metric - don't get me wrong, I'll be very happy to have 31 completed to 707.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: