Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Hardest Par Five Poll is created on February 22, 2019 10:58 pm

Hardest Par Five  

RSS

1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Trusted Member
February 22, 2019 10:58 pm  

IMO, nothing comes close to #18 Wachesaw Plantation in terms of difficulty. Any shot can get you wet or OB.

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
February 22, 2019 11:36 pm  

Rivers Edge #9
The Witch #5  Long double dogleg, bunker in front of green, water behind. 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
February 23, 2019 5:57 am  

Rivers Edge # 9  Difficult layup and very demanding third shot - bordering on unfair. Wach private 18 is just as hard except a bigger green to hit to. Both are pick up at double bogey holes.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Estimable Member
February 23, 2019 2:46 pm  

Did vote for #18 at Wachesaw Plantation but would definitely add Rivers Edge #9 as THE toughest among them all!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Trusted Member
February 23, 2019 5:16 pm  

Yup, I totally forgot about Rivers Edge #9. That hole is a beast. Anyone know how I can edit the voting options to add this one to the list?

ReplyQuote
Crenshaw7
(@crenshaw7)
February 23, 2019 5:19 pm  

Rivers Edge #9 is very tough. Have only played it on my many January trips!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
February 24, 2019 2:19 pm  

Both Rivers Edge #9 and Wachesaw Plantation #18 could be the one for anybody, also, that Pirate Ship for your background on WP just adds to this courses mystique.  

ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Moderator
February 25, 2019 12:01 pm  

I was just logging in to post the Hardest Par 5 poll ... I see someone beat me to the punch. Other Par 5's that are difficult are:

18 at TPC
18 at Heritage
5  at The Witch  
15 at Legends Moorland
13 Tidewater 
4 True Blue 

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
April 12, 2019 12:56 pm  

great call on Rivers Edge #9. very tough layup and shot into that green. need to be perfect , and usually its quite windy adding to the excitement. 

ReplyQuote
Share: