Clear all

TopGolf Review

13 Posts
8 Users
4 Likes
(@kio57)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

It officially March 1, the day after we leave. So one of my guys calls and gets the Director of Sales last Friday and gives her the sad story of how much we were looking forward to going and that we were leaving the day before. So she says well if you are around Monday just drop by and if the lights are on come on in, "soft-open"!!! So we called her back from the course and she said yes it was still on so we headed over around 7pm.  There were several groups there but it was in no way crowded. 

I'm not sure what I expected but it exceeded my expectations. We just played the basic game and did  a two hour session. Food was very good. We had apps, flatbread, winds, sliders, nachos, hummus, 2 entrees (Sunrise Burger got a double thumbs up, and three deserts including the donut holes. We had 2 buckets of beer (6 beers in each), 1 glass of win, and two guys were ordering cocktails. With the soft open we basically had our own "butler". The scoring video let you program in other sporting events to watch while playing the game.

I had heard "its expensive". Not sure what classifies as expensive for everyone but our total bill was $379 plus tip. Or $63 per man. For us that is a very cheap night in Myrtle!!!!!

We all agreed that TopGolf will be a one night outing for us going forward. Will it replace a round of golf, no! Is it a good time out after golf, yes!

Last comment, one person commented that they were expecting up to 4 hour waits for a bay this weekend. Would I wait over an hour for a bay, probably not. We will see what the wait times are after they are open a year.

DenisGilbert reacted
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

Their videos show balls coming out of the machine, so it knows your booth. 
How does it know which player?  Do you press a button saying player #1 now hitting?  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
(@kio57)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yes, you register each player and then select which player is hitting. But you have to select before requesting the ball.

ReplyQuote
(@valefty)
Eminent Member

My family hit TopGolf the evening of Saturday March 30 and had about a 30-minute wait for a bay. We killed time in the bar on the first floor, and the wait staff was not the most attentive. However, once we got to our bay, we received great service from Scott. He checked on us numerous times during our hour rental and was very responsive. We've been to TopGolf locations in other places before, but this was our first time in MB. We'd highly recommend it for a fun outing, either with family or friends.

This post was modified 5 years ago by valefty

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member

Will try it one day - looks like fun on a rainy day when the courses are closed.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

I'm boycottting.

with 3 t's

lol

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
(@polekat914)
Prominent Member

Posted by: jw11

I'm boycottting.

with 3 t's

lol

Get off my lawn!  🙂

ReplyQuote
(@polekat914)
Prominent Member

I'll add to the review here.  Took my wife and my 6 month old to TopGolf two Saturday mornings ago.  It had been at least 5 years since I had been to one.  It's nice, what can I say.  There was a good crowd by 1030 am.  The wait staff (once you get into the bay) is good, the food looks good (didn't have any, just something to drink), and the games are fun.  Especially in the evening or on a rainy day, you can have a lot of fun.  I'll never substitute it for the real thing, but it has its place.  It's a good introduction for someone who has never played before as well.  

This post was modified 5 years ago by Polekat914

DenisGilbert reacted
ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member

One day I will get to a Top Golf - heard that a competitor is coming out soon.

ReplyQuote
(@mborbust)
Trusted Member

Visited Topgolf with 3 golfers and 2 non golfers. The non golfers enjoyed more than the golfers.The equipment is basic,the balls seem dead, and the scoring computer was not reliable.This was in the summer and it looked like the crowd,place was full,was mostly nongolfers and seemed to be having fun.Went by the place another night at 10pm and the parking lot was full.I believe the facility will  do better on the golf off season.Not in a hurry to go back..only had apps so can not really comment on food.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Thanks MB.

This solidifies my feelings for Top Golf.

I ain't going. 

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member

I don't think it effects the courses - I will go one day....perhaps

ReplyQuote
(@cbp-section-205)
Estimable Member

I have been to 3 different TopGolf locations.  It is a fun night out.  Not the greatest golf in the world, but non-golfers really enjoy.  My wife has gone all 3 times and has not swung a club otherwise in 20 years.  The food is good bar food.  Drinks are very good.   Draft pitchers are super cold (they have some metal device that keeps really cold).  I tend to use it as practice.  A game is 20 balls, and we usually do about 5 at a time, then the next person hits 5.  I will basically hit 5 balls with 4 different clubs to practice different distances/shots.  Our group has discussed going for the late Sunday football games (since it is dark at 5 when we go to MB) and dinner.  Not 100% that we are going, but can be fun for sure.

ReplyQuote
Share: