Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions

Page 1 / 2

BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

After canceling last year's trip, we're looking forward to a return to the Strand next month.  With my group, the post-golf beverages and meals are just as important as the golf itself.  We also tend to be creatures of habit and once we find a place we like, we'll re-visit year after year.  The challenge is trying to keep it somewhat fresh by mixing in a new stop here or there.

No cooking for us, except for breakfast, so we'll have 5 dinners out.  Under threat of physical harm from the others (we have 6 going this year), I know we will be dining at the following:

Carolina Roadhouse / California Dreaming / Boundary House - Definitely one of these 3 on the list.  First 2 owned by the same group and virtually identical menus and the Boundary House is very similar.

Dead Dog Saloon - Food's decent and the guys like to turn it into a mini pub crawl afterwards

Snooky's - Seafood night.  Haven't been to the new NMB location, only the Little River location.  Not sure which one we will go to.

Umberto's - This is our loosen the belt buckle place.  Great food and plenty of it.

So that gives us 4 out of 5 nights.  Looking for your suggestions on what to consider and maybe why.  This year we will be staying at the Barefoot Resort, but we never mind traveling for a good meal and a good time.  Also, one suggestion that was made was Local on the Water.  If anyone has any insight, let me know.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks. 

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Clark's in Little River is like an upscale Boundary House, with same owner.  
The salad is the same as BH + CR.  We eat there or Boundary House if
playing PM on the north side.   

In Barefoot is Norman's, which is upscale or for more casual Wild Wing's.  

Across from BF is Joe's Bar and Grill, which looks more like a house
inside than a bar+grill.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Dobbs2u
(@dobbs2u)
Eminent Member

If in the mood for endless perfectly grilled beef, chicken, ribs, sausage and lamb, head over to Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse. There are 2 locations, one in Myrtle Beach near the PGA Superstore and the new location in North Myrtle Beach. A little pricey but if you want to really loosen your belt buckle, you need to check it out. I didn't think I liked lamb, but after one piece I was hooked. Endless salad bar and as long as your "coin" is active the meat keeps coming. Outstanding!

This post was modified 2 months ago by Dobbs2u

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

If you want to try local places I recommend Martini's in NMB and Pizzoli's in Little River.  Martini's has a neat little bar area that usually has live music.  Pizzoli's is an Italian restaurant that serves quality food at very reasonable prices.  It is usually packed by 6:00 PM.

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @artmbgolf

Clark's in Little River is like an upscale Boundary House, with same owner.  
The salad is the same as BH + CR.  We eat there or Boundary House if
playing PM on the north side.   

In Barefoot is Norman's, which is upscale or for more casual Wild Wing's.  

Across from BF is Joe's Bar and Grill, which looks more like a house
inside than a bar+grill.  

Have often wondered about Joe's Bar & Grill.  It does have an interesting look from the outside.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

Locals is very good as is Martini's

PS - the chicken wings at Food Lion are awesome!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

jw11 and BrewCrew liked
ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro

Locals is very good as is Martini's

PS - the chicken wings at Food Lion are awesome!

Thanks for the feedback on Locals.  My two favorite type of places are rooftop bars/restaurants and places with outdoor dining overlooking the water.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

Posted by: @brewcrew

outdoor dining overlooking the wate

Then you'll enjoy Locals - 

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Joe's across from Barefoot is a nice place, prices are middle of the road we felt.

ReplyQuote
Frostyjock
(@frostyjock)

Another vote for Joe's Bar and Grill especially if you are staying at Barefoot - they have an area that looks out onto the marshland that lies between the restaurant and the beachfront condos that has a feeding area for racoons - not quite the waterfront dining you mention but close. They also have a nice outdoor bar at the back of the restaurant that isn't immediately obvious if you don't know it's there - took us about ten years to find it.

They are busy at the weekends in peak season so I'd book to be on the safe side - make sure you call the right Joe's too as they are pretty much next door to Hamburger Joes and there is a Joe's Crab Shack in Barefoot Landing - make sure your cab driver knows the one you are going to if using a cab - you'd be surprised how many locals don't know Joe's is there.

ReplyQuote
SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Trusted Member

If you're looking for something a bit more upscale, Hook and Barrel on business 17 near 82nd Ave is amazing.

If you're looking more casual, and don't mind a bit of a drive, Greg's Cabana Bar in Murrells Inlet has great food and cheap drinks. Tuesday and Thursday nights are rib nights, and their ribs are spectacular.

Carolina Forest area, we've been to the Sneaky Beagle a couple times recently, and it's great. VERY diverse menu, good beer list. Their tacos are amazing, in spite of the fact that about the only type of taco you can't get is a traditional taco.

If you want great Italian in a mom-and-pop atmosphere, check out Malibu Surfside. If you go on Sunday or Monday and they have Mama's lasagna, stop your menu search right there. The bread they serve to start is kind of a garlic focaccia, and might be the best bread I've ever had.

jw11 and BrewCrew liked
ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

I second Rioz.  I prefer the location in Myrtle Beach over the North Myrtle location, but you really can't go wrong at either one.  Mission BBQ is not too far away from you.  It's a regional chain but the BBQ is very solid and the rest of the menu is quite good.  The River City Cafe locations are good and the Prime Short Burger is the best burger in the area in my opinion.  There's also a BurgerFi not far away.  It's also a chain but they have excellent food.

You have a ton of good choices around you.

jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
djgoodmansr
(@djgoodmansr)
Trusted Member

Bimini's, Chuck's Steak House, Brother Shuckers

ReplyQuote
wolfpackguy
(@wolfpackguy)
Trusted Member

Not a fan of the food at Locals on the Water. If you want to experience Locals, I would suggest having dinner at Rioz and then heading over to Locals which is right behind Rioz after for drinks and entertainment if they have a band booked. Another option for food at a lesser price is Boardwalk Billys which is right next to Locals. Filet's on Sea Mtn. Highway by Cherry Grove is a cool little spot for dinner on the waterway and always has great food.  If you are planning to go to California Dreaming, the one in Braircliffe by Barefoot closed quite awhile ago near the beginning of Covid and unless something has changed in the past week or two it has not opened back up.  Also someone mentioned Joe's Crabshack, the one at Barefoot closed.  Joe's Bar and Grill has amazing upscale food.  Don't let the name fool you. 

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Posted by: @djgoodmansr

Bimini's, Chuck's Steak House, Brother Shuckers

Also a biv fan of Biminis , but a warning..it could get loud if there is a band and a lot of the food is fried.

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: