Notifications
Clear all

World Tour - Amen Corner  

RSS

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
11/11/2020 2:13 pm  

Charlie and Paige play amen corner at WT.
https://www.playgolfmyrtlebeach.com/news/amen-corner-myrtle-beach-charlie-paige-take-world-tour/

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
11/11/2020 6:59 pm  

Interesting Art. Rymer is now a great contributor to the popularity of golf in Myrtle Beach.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Admin
11/13/2020 12:49 pm  

@s333h he's been on on the Staff at Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday/GTS for about a year to year and half.  

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by BNLongdriver

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
11/14/2020 5:04 am  

WT plays #12 too long from the white tees - should be where you're hitting in a 8 or 9 iron into the green - I've never hit less than a hybrid from there. #11 from the white tees is unreachable for us average length players and from the seniors, it's too short.

That said - they are fun to play!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Ploots
(@ploots)
Eminent Member
11/14/2020 6:24 pm  

@undercover-golf-pro   I agree with you 100 percent on both observations. Augusta #11 is way to long from the White tees for most people as is #12. They should shorten both by about 20 yards. I played it twice in August and it was in great condition. The TPC island green replica is too small also. I still like playing the course though.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
11/14/2020 10:38 pm  

World Tour was the best conditioned course of the 6 I played a month ago.

The Fairways were fantastic and the greens wer at about 11.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Eminent Member
11/15/2020 9:54 am  

Agree with Art on the length of those two holes, especially 11. It should be a tough decision whether to go for it or lay up. I'm a little longer than average, and it takes a near-perfect drive to put me in the decision zone. A good drive should get you thinking about it, while a great drive should put you in position where your partners are heckling you if you don't go for it.

I played it about three weeks ago, and echo what jw11 said. Conditions were excellent. Can't quite say it was the best we played, because we also played TPC that week, but the course was definitely in great shape, as it has been the half a dozen or so times we've played it (it's Mrs. SecondandGoal's favorite down here).

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
11/17/2020 4:58 pm  

Thanks for posting the Video Art, only played WT 2x and both times were enjoyable.

ReplyQuote
Share: