Notifications
Clear all

Willbrook Plantation and Indigo Creek  

RSS

herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
08/01/2020 5:45 pm  

Played at Willbrook on 7/30. Not real crowded at all. They say the morning was somewhat crowded. The course is in really good shape. The Bermuda grass is in full swing and thick at the courses and Willbrook has it. The greens over the last couple of years could be suspect but, they were in good shape. A little long which is understandable but, in good shape and probably better than I have seen the greens there in sometime.  Willbrook is  very pretty course with a historical context. Very nice driving in with the oak trees. Very southern charm. Good shape, recommend it.

Indigo Creek. So, Indigo Creek is convenient for me. I would not recommend it on a trip or package or anything. But, if you are looking for a low cost round and good test of golf then, it is worth the $30 for a round. It can be a little rough in places, but the greens are decent this year it seems. It is not an easy course, a little tight. So, don't think of it as an easy warm up course to go low on. But, I got it on the Passport for $20 and their web site had rounds from $25 to $35. Usually not real crowded. Good to go play for cheap if you are down in the southern end of the Strand. I will say if you play in the winter time it gets a little more bare. They don't over seed and the Bermuda can get thin.   Summer time for $30 pretty good for a tune up round or go spend some time on the course.   It is a lower tier course and is what is. And, that is ok sometimes. Went out by myself and played in a couple of hours or so. 

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by herdman

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/01/2020 8:44 pm  

I agree with not recommending Indigo Creek on a vacation package trip,
other than the way you played it.     They got new greens a couple years ago. 

Thanks for the updates.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Prominent Member
08/02/2020 3:05 pm  

Thanks for your report, your thoughts on Indigo Creek are spot on, thanks again.

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
08/02/2020 5:46 pm  

Thanks for the report.  I enjoy Willbrook but have not played Indigo Creek.  Based on other reports on this site I won't be playing IC anytime soon.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
08/02/2020 7:32 pm  

I haven't played Indigo Creek and can't get anyone in my group to go there.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
08/02/2020 11:28 pm  
Posted by: @tadpole

Thanks for the report.  I enjoy Willbrook but have not played Indigo Creek.  Based on other reports on this site I won't be playing IC anytime soon.

If you are traveling on a trip or package, I wouldn't either.  I look for deals sometimes and I am in that area all the time.  

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
08/02/2020 11:30 pm  
Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro

I haven't played Indigo Creek and can't get anyone in my group to go there.

My friends have take me to far worse places. hahahaa.  For $30 it is a good place to hit balls. I have actually played on higher end courses with worse greens.  As long as you know it is a lower end course then, it is not that bad.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
08/03/2020 12:42 pm  

Havent played there in 17 or so years, never really planned to go back. Dont even have a shirt from there, so that says alot. lol

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
08/03/2020 9:26 pm  

Thank you very much @Herdman for reporting!

Did always love playing Willbrook!

As for Indigo Creek, played there only once 15 or 16 years ago, but haven’t keep any memorable moments from that course!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
08/04/2020 11:43 am  
Posted by: @jbshepherds

Havent played there in 17 or so years, never really planned to go back. Dont even have a shirt from there, so that says alot. lol

Their shirts were 40-50% in the Club House. Not a bad deal and actually some nice ones.

Prior to Covid, Indigo Creek would get crowded. They seem to rely on their local community for play. They typically have a lot of activities like dinners, get to gathers, captain's choice tournaments. 

Good place to go hack around for cheap. Like I stated, I would not put it on a package or if I was on vacation I wouldn't go play it. But, to go out and play a quick round for under $30 it is worth it. I have played far worse with my group of guys.  hahahaa  

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Eminent Member
08/04/2020 8:06 pm  

Willbrook is our favorite

ReplyQuote
Share: