TPC and other cours...

Notifications
Clear all

TPC and other course conditions in August

rjtrillium
(@rjtrillium)
Topic starter  

Ive been reading reviews that TPC is in poor shape.  We're flying down to MB August 4 and playing TPC Aug 7.  Is this as simple as the course is still recovering from maintenance in June or should I be concerned about the conditions and change that date?  Also playing World Tour, Caledonia, Thistle, and Arrowhead. Thanks!

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Sometimes a popular course doesn't get a report for a few months. 
The most recent TPC report I could find in MBGT is: 
https://myrtlebeachgolftalk.com/community/mb-course-talk/tpc-caledonia-true-blue/#post-15926  

TPC was great in May, but that is outdated now.   

Reading The Google reviews, it's good, bad, good, bad,......... so it hard to evaluate
when there is no consistency.        

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
rjtrillium
(@rjtrillium)
Topic starter  

Yes it’s hard to get a feel for the “real” conditions without playing it. The draw of TPC is a tour quality course with impeccable conditions.  If the conditions are not as you hope to expect I’m not sure it’s worth it.  I’ve never played there and just want to make the most of our golf trip to Myrtle.  

ReplyQuote
SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Trusted Member

From what I read in a local Facebook group, they punched the greens on 6/21. By the time you get there in August, they'll be fully healed. 

I've played TPC a few times, and the conditions have never been anything short of spectacular. It's right there with Caledonia, True Blue, Tidewater, and the other top-tier courses in the area.

A lot of times, people actually WANT to complain about the nicer courses, so they take the slightest problem and exaggerate it, or they ignore the fact that the greens had been aerated recently and they still chose to play there. 

hookybass liked
ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Admin

Posted by: @rjtrillium

Ive been reading reviews that TPC is in poor shape.  We're flying down to MB August 4 and playing TPC Aug 7.  Is this as simple as the course is still recovering from maintenance in June or should I be concerned about the conditions and change that date?  Also playing World Tour, Caledonia, Thistle, and Arrowhead. Thanks!

This was posted literally minutes ago .. played World Tour and Arrowhead in the last 2 weekends, both were fine. Scheduled for Caledonia next Wednesday. 

(1) How Do You Rate The Golf Courses ?

Dunes Golf and Beach Club

Barefoot Resort And Golf - Dye Course

TPC - Myrtle Beach

Heritage Golf Club

This post was modified 3 days ago by BNLongdriver

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
rjtrillium
(@rjtrillium)
Topic starter  

@bnlongdriver we switched TPC to Wild Wing Avocet due to wanting something a little easier and possible concerns about condition with TPC
Schedule is:

08/04 World Tour

08/05 Caledonia 

08/06 Thistle

08/07 Wild Wing

08/08 Arrowhead 

ReplyQuote
Share: