Page 2 / 2
  RSS

jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
07/04/2020 5:28 pm  
Posted by: @polekat914

As for fishing, I do a good bit of that around here.  Where are you staying?  The Market Common pond is a good spot for bass, panfish, & the occasional cat.  There's a pier over the Great Pee Dee River where you can catch anything in brackish water.  I've pulled some nice cats, some eels, and saw some monster reds jumping (didn't hook any of them).  There's also nice bass as it is just at the top of Winyah Bay.   You could also head to Lake Moultrie or Lake Marion, where there's some of the best largemouth fishing on earth, as well as several other species.

For saltwater, hitting piers or chucking bait from the surf is OK.  

Dang this is some fancy fishin-talk.

Nice job PK

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
07/04/2020 5:29 pm  

Thanks for the Sea Trail golf reports Joe 

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
07/04/2020 9:06 pm  

@jchez444

Good to read you played the Byrd Course, fun layout with a few very nice holes, hope you get to play Jones as well, IMO the best of the 3 at Sea Trail.

ReplyQuote
jchez444
(@jchez444)
Trusted Member
07/04/2020 9:53 pm  

@leftygar1

oh yea I definitely enjoyed the Byrd course and would rank it over the maples. Didn’t play the jones but tomorrow I’ll be playing tidewater

which will be my first time playing that course.

also pk thanks for the market common pond, kids had a blast catching small bass, cpl bluegill and trying to get the large carp to bite. I did miss one on top had a blowup but completely missed.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
07/05/2020 8:49 am  

@jchez444

You will love Tidewater, so many good holes, bring your camera and enjoy.

ReplyQuote
jchez444
(@jchez444)
Trusted Member
07/05/2020 1:08 pm  

@leftygar1

absolutely loved tidewater. Just like u said scenic shots everywhere, this definitely made it on my fave list for MB. Course was in great shape and the greens rolled great. Definitely on another level then the maples and Byrd course. 

got to play with two members a cpl and a pilot from southern Cali. Actually not sure where he lived as he had homes in several states including a huge one in cherry grove, but a nice guy to play with. The course was in great shape and offered a lot to test but game. I wasn’t as consistent off the tee or with the irons but the putter was hot. Had 27 putts, 3 birdies, two double bogeys and 2 drops on lost balls. Will definitely be playing again.

not sure if I’ll be able to sneak in anymore early rounds and weather looks iffy coming up. Tomorrow might take a trip to Charleston as we never been. Any advice on sightseeing or activities down there.

leftygar1 liked
ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
07/05/2020 8:58 pm  

@jchez444

So much to see in Charleston, if the Carriage Rides are going I would say take one, some of the guides are really good.  Other then that just enjoy the architecture and quaintness the city has to offer.  

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member
07/06/2020 9:25 am  

@jchez444

Waterfront Park, The Battery, Charleston City Market, Carriage Ride around town, especially around Rainbow Row.  That will keep you busy for a while, although it may be a bit weird with COVID.

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member
07/06/2020 9:26 am  

@jw11

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
07/06/2020 3:37 pm  

@polekat914

A small spot called Toast, right on Meeting St. by the Days Inn, good food and decent prices for Charleston, if that way give it a try.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: