Rymer Talks Maint with JH75 at Heritage

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Interesting Golf Course maint talk.   
His ID is JKH75 and a MBGT member.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKBAjpSCdFw

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Thanks for sharing @Art!

Kudos to our friend @JH75, who is a "natural" in front of the camera!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Thanks for the posting the link Art, it was good to watch and listen to both Rymer and JKH75.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Great job JH.

We're all proud of you.

Gotta love playin a game at Heritage.

What a beautiful place to whack a ball around.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
JKH75
(@jkh75)
Trusted Member

Thank you for the kind words. Charlie is great. I have also done some other content with him for his new tv show that is coming out next week on CBS Sports Network. Not sure if it will make it through editing process but I will be tuning in regardless.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

Impressive

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Estimable Member

As they were talking about raking the bunkers, all I could think of was the fact that with Covid, I haven't seen a rake in a trap in over a year.

ReplyQuote
JKH75
(@jkh75)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @brewcrew

As they were talking about raking the bunkers, all I could think of was the fact that with Covid, I haven't seen a rake in a trap in over a year.

Lol @brewcrew, you are right. This was actually filmed in October 2019 before COVID.

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Trusted Member

awesome job.  Thanks for posting

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

As a former golf course owner - my biggest pet peeve was all the golfers who do not keep all four wheels of the golf cart on the path around greens and tees - if you pay attention you will often see where the driver of the cart pulls two wheels off the path on the greenside so they can be a step closer!! All this does is eliminate the grass next to the path, looks bad, gets muddy when it rains, and shows lack of respect for the course that has asked you to stay on the path near greens and tees. And for those golfers who pull all 4 wheels off the path - don't get me started!!!

PS - you will now notice how often this goes on

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

JKH75 and jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro

As a former golf course owner - my biggest pet peeve was all the golfers who do not keep all four wheels of the golf cart on the path around greens and tees - if you pay attention you will often see where the driver of the cart pulls two wheels off the path on the greenside so they can be a step closer!! All this does is eliminate the grass next to the path, looks bad, gets muddy when it rains, and shows lack of respect for the course that has asked you to stay on the path near greens and tees. And for those golfers who pull all 4 wheels off the path - don't get me started!!!

I know I've been guilty of that.  Typically it's if the cart path is tight around the green area and I've wanted to leave room for either a Ranger or more importantly, a beverage cart to be able to travel freely.

Lesson learned!

JKH75 and jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
JKH75
(@jkh75)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro

PREACH UGP!

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

Good stuff.  Thank you!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@jkh75

Thanks for your contribution to this talk about maintenance of golf courses. Charlie Rymer is so colorful and articulate. Fun guy. Big loss for Golf Channel.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

JKH75 liked
ReplyQuote
Share: