Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

River Hills 5.21.19  

RSS

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
May 21, 2019 7:43 pm  

MB hasn't seen much rain for quite awhile and it's interesting watching the courses water very lightly as they want the winter rye to go away. Consequently there is a lot of brown grass and a lot of roll right now. I expect the courses to start watering heavily in the near future as we will see 90 degree temps in a couple of days - the next chance for rain is 6 days away.

River Hills is in good shape and very playable - greens roll good, not quick, but an adequate speed. Fairways are good - Some of the roughs are starting to grow up. Great layout - well worth playing.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

Skippy
(@skippy)
Trusted Member
May 21, 2019 9:45 pm  

Was our last round of this year's trip.. I had forgotten how small the greens were. 

Wish we were down there right now...love fast fairways.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
May 22, 2019 7:07 am  

Thanks for this report UGP. I like this place.

How many cigars during your round? ?

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
May 22, 2019 3:29 pm  

Thanks for the update UGP.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
May 22, 2019 7:30 pm  
Posted by: S***H

Thanks for this report UGP. I like this place.

How many cigars during your round? ?

I had 3  Play was a little slow!  Only went through one flask of whiskey - needed more as it wasn't one of my better rounds!

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
camy
 camy
(@camy)
Eminent Member
May 23, 2019 10:38 am  

In my group of 16 who visit every year... none of us have ever visited River Hills. I have seen previous trip reports and most everyone has positive things to say. If i remember correctly from previous reports, i believe i have avoided River Hills because there may be some narrow fairways on some holes, or nearby housing??!!   We have a couple of guys who can spray the ball when things are not going good.

Maybe on our Oct/2020 trip i will use River Hills as our opening day course.... and hope these 2 guys hit the ball fairly well. I am sure the rest of us would enjoy River Hills!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
May 23, 2019 11:01 am  

We played River Hills twice in April, one of the better conditioned courses.  

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
May 23, 2019 12:26 pm  

River Hills is not an easy course

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Trusted Member
May 23, 2019 1:00 pm  

Thanks for the local insight

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Estimable Member
May 23, 2019 3:59 pm  
Posted by: Undercover Golf Pro

Great layout - well worth playing.

Agree with you 100 % UGP!

Thanks for reporting!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
May 23, 2019 6:19 pm  

River Hills is not an easy course. However, i will always remember this one because some years ago, i made a hole-in-one there.

ReplyQuote
CBP Section 205
(@cbp-section-205)
May 24, 2019 12:34 pm  

Not easy, but very nice course.  Our group played for first time in the fall of 18 and it was universally liked.  Price point is great as well for the condition of course.

ReplyQuote
Share: