Notifications
Clear all

Played the Fazio 2/12/20  

RSS

drmelotti@aol.com
(@drmelottiaol-com)
Trusted Member
02/12/2020 8:37 pm  

Played the Fazio again today, as usual tees,greens 9+, and fairways all very playable, though fairways still soft and will, take 10-15 yards off your drive, there will be some mud on your ball, It was a comfortable 4 hour round. I did notice again a number of bunkers still lacking maintenance, but those within 50 yards of the green were groomed, yesterday at the Dye on the par 5 12th the huge left side bunker had all sand removed also and only dirt remained 🤔 , well my nemisis Fazio #18 once again raised the water level but managed a bogey, talking to the bag drop guys I mentioned the amount of sand on the Fazio, the bad bunkers, and the huge amount of maintenence it must be to maintain this course, he says did you see 12 on the Dye, it's going to become a grass bunker much like what they did to Fazio 18, now I'm thinking those that haven't been touched yet on Fazio may be going the same way, it would be a great cost savings.The clubster newsletter that goes out quarterly mentioned bunker renovations, I assumed drainage and sand replacement, looks like sand removal and sod replacement, only time will tell.

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
02/12/2020 11:32 pm  

On BF Fazio #18, the water angles into the fairway up near the bunker.   
A drive that looks OK can roll into the water from the white tees, since the white
tees make it a short hole.   

The bunker Left of Dye #12 is big and deep.  Too difficult for resort golf. 

Thanks for another report!   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
02/13/2020 6:06 am  

Love me some Fazio!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
02/13/2020 7:12 am  
Posted by: @drmelottiaol-com

I did notice again a number of bunkers still lacking maintenance, but those within 50 yards of the green were groomed, yesterday at the Dye on the par 5 12th the huge left side bunker had all sand removed also and only dirt remained 🤔 , well my nemisis Fazio #18 once again raised the water level but managed a bogey, talking to the bag drop guys I mentioned the amount of sand on the Fazio, the bad bunkers, and the huge amount of maintenence it must be to maintain this course, he says did you see 12 on the Dye, it's going to become a grass bunker much like what they did to Fazio 18, now I'm thinking those that haven't been touched yet on Fazio may be going the same way, it would be a great cost savings.The clubster newsletter that goes out quarterly mentioned bunker renovations, I assumed drainage and sand replacement, looks like sand removal and sod replacement, only time will tell.

For those that have not played this 18th hole at Fazio, here is a link to a video showing the hole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivbjKRacFDY

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
02/13/2020 12:55 pm  

Thanks for your input!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member