Notifications
Clear all

Pfizer Vaccine and your next golf trip  

RSS

S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
11/09/2020 8:56 am  

This morning, Pfizer said early data (phase 3) showed its vaccine was more than 90 percent effective in preventing Covid-19. It is a terrific news. I suppose that the vaccine will be available to all americans by the end of summer 2021. It will be safier to come in USA and to travel all around the world.

I am already making plan to come back in Myrtle Beach to play golf for the next fall an even before if i can receive the vaccine. Same thing for all of you guys?

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

rspeck77
(@rspeck77)
11/09/2020 10:12 am  

It is great news. The sad thing is there we be a huge chunk of people choosing not to get the vaccine.

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
11/09/2020 11:12 am  

We are already booked for 2021 so vaccine didnt make or break us. We are staying at a private home, the change might be we will go to stores more, i golfed 3 times and will again. 

The vaccine will let us like i said shop more, we wont go back to a resort cause my kids LOVE the private pool even if there is no grill we will bring ours so we have it. Only thing we will change is how get the keys and sign into resort. This year we all went to check in that = Stupid. NExt summer i will go to check in, the rest will go to house and i will text them the code to get it. Boom they get in and by time i am there we can be in nicely. 

Sorry tangent but vaccine will not change my plans to much, just will have my wife spend more money. I hope it brings a lot of groups back to MB.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
11/09/2020 4:15 pm  

This is great news, but patience will be the key at the time being...

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
11/09/2020 6:00 pm  

It is exciting news for all of us that had to cancel 2020 trips due to covid.  

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
11/09/2020 7:36 pm  

The plan is to vaccinate health care workers first.   By the time the general
population gets it, we should know if there are side effects.  Keep in mind, 
phase 3 volunteers are getting it now, from each company creating it.   

There has been some talk about more vulnerable getting it first, after health
care workers. I haven't seen any specific availability dates.     

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member
11/10/2020 9:09 am  

We are booked for late Feb. I went out and hiked the Grand Canyon in mid-September flying in and out of Vegas. Felt perfectly safe. So it's not going to impact the golf trip except that there will be no visiting bars. We usually eat at the house anyway.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
11/10/2020 11:30 am  

It is good news to read that a vaccine maybe available in 2021 for us all, or at least those who wish to get it.  First results from the 43000 test group looks promising for sure.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
11/10/2020 5:23 pm  

I'd prefer a vaccine against 3 putts

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

jbshepherds, Polekat914, DenisGilbert and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member
11/10/2020 6:27 pm  

@undercover-golf-pro I would take a shot or pill to fix that 3 putt virus!

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
wolverine12
(@wolverine12)
Eminent Member
11/12/2020 10:05 am  

I haven't done a group trip to MB since 2012, I've still been going most years, sometimes 2 or 3 times a yr, but only with 2-4 people.  With Covid restrictions, golf at home has been 1 of the few things where you can connect with friends. 

My golf group have been talking at the end of our season that we will do a group trip again once this pandemic ends or the vaccine is a go & the US border opens back up.   I don't think I'm gonna organize a 40 + person group again, but maybe 12-16 only.  My crew are really eager to get away, no one's travelled anywhere this summer. 

Brian N,  get ready for my call/e-mail once this ends !!!! 🍻 

ReplyQuote
GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Trusted Member
11/17/2020 7:47 am  

Protect yourself and family when necessary...Let the rest of us live our lives.  Our group went in August instead of May this year due the China Virus.  No one got sick, we went to bars & restaurants in Murrells.  We had players from age 40-72. Live your lives!!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by GolfdawgZ

daz

ReplyQuote
Share: