Notifications
Clear all

Ocean Ridge tornado

Page 1 / 2

1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Tornado(s) ripped through Ocean Ridge plantation last night. Three dead, dozen injured, 50 homes damaged or destroyed. Currently search and rescue to see if any more are trapped in their homes. These are well built brick homes too. See photos in link below. Haven't heard about golf course damage. Thoughts and prayers to those impacted by this disaster.

https://wpde.com/news/local/reports-of-people-trapped-in-homes-structure-damage-after-severe-weather-in-brunswick-co

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by 1putt1

1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

I just made a comment in another post about this tragedy.  The weather this winter has been truly bizarre.  I would imagine that the golf courses have major damage.  That matters little when compared to the pain & suffering felt by those who lost their homes.  Praying that no one else has lost their life.

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

So sad to hear about this praying for all these folks.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Thoughts and prayers to those involved with this terrible situation.

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Terrible news for all the families. Good luck!

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Prayers to the people in the area!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Very tough for the people living there, prayers go out to them all.

ReplyQuote
GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Trusted Member

Drove past it on Thursday, quite a lot of damage to the main gate area and loss of trees.  These storms happen in the south sometimes...Not too unusual to get a thunderstorm with a tornado every once in awhile.  

This post was modified 1 week ago by GolfdawgZ

daz

ReplyQuote
ZiggyGolfer
(@ziggygolfer)
Eminent Member

I live a few miles from where it landed in ORP. From what we hear  they had no warning as it supposed to have been a water Spout on the ocean and skipped to land and inland . There were over 60 volunteers to help with cleanup this past weekend. I feel real bad for one family that moved in the beginning of February and two weeks later have lost every thing as their house was leveled

ReplyQuote
GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Trusted Member

@ziggygolfer I live in St James Plantation....

daz

ReplyQuote
ZiggyGolfer
(@ziggygolfer)
Eminent Member

@golfdawgz I live between Farmstead and Meadowlands

ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Trusted Member

We are in Brunswick Plantation.  The night sky was lit up with lightning on that evening.  It was scary for sure.  Work continues by many.  The word is 72 homes are to be condemned by authorities.  This will be a very long recovery.  Our hearts break for all directly affected.

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

Has there been any word on damage to the Big Cats courses?  As violent as this storm was I would think that there could be real problems getting them back into playing shape.  Of course, golf course damage pails in comparison to loss of life/injury and home property destruction.  

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

It was a high EF3 / low EF4 tornado...which is no joke.  That strong of a tornado is pretty rare for around here.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: