Moorland 4.29 Stat ...

Notifications
Clear all

Moorland 4.29 Stat away........for a couple of days!  

RSS

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
04/30/2020 4:37 pm  

On a windy day (even for Texas) Moorland is in great shape except that they just punched the greens with bullet tines (very small holes - no sand) These will heal very quickly, so I wouldn't have an issue by May 3rd playing here. I took a pick of the sand blowing and of the second shot to the ninth hole. Great course and facility - it was a challenging day to say the least.

IMG 1175
IMG 1178

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Honorable Member
04/30/2020 5:26 pm  

Thanks @UGP!

It won't be difficult for most of us to stay away... as you recommend! 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Peter
(@say8pet)
Trusted Member
04/30/2020 6:36 pm  

Yes, it was beautifully windy yesterday but I only looked out the window thinking what an adventurous day it would be on the links. Did Moorland play noticeably different in those conditions?

UGP, thanks for the info re the punched greens

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Prominent Member
05/01/2020 3:26 pm  

Good pic of 18, thanks.   Spent so much time in trap on 16 thought that was it.  Actually never been in 18's trap yet.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
05/01/2020 3:43 pm  

Actually that's # 18 - flag was right behind all the sand - hard to see

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
05/01/2020 3:46 pm  
Posted by: @say8pet

Did Moorland play noticeably different in those conditions?

It was a lot tougher than usual - wind even affected the putts. #1 is usually a driver wedge - into the wind I hit a low running bullet off the tee and killed a 6 hybrid.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Honorable Member
05/04/2020 3:56 pm  

I just punched my yard, that is rough. Whole body was crushed. Golf starts this saturday i am excited. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
05/04/2020 8:17 pm  

Aerating the greens was the worst job in owning a course - especially spreading the sand! Actually irrigation problems were worse!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Honorable Member
05/05/2020 2:51 pm  
Posted by: @jbshepherds

I just punched my yard, that is rough. Whole body was crushed. Golf starts this saturday i am excited. 

I'm sincerely really happy for you!

Here in Quebec, we're still waiting from our Government. Patience will be the key!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Peter
(@say8pet)
Trusted Member
05/06/2020 2:00 pm  

GREENS UPDATE 5.6.20 GREENS UPDATE 5.6.20

Played Moorland this morning. PoP again a tidy 3.5. Place seemed about half as busy as two wednesdays ago.

i would extend UGP's original warning regarding the greens. Sand is still noticeable on at least a dozen of them. Just a heads up, not a criticism.

Brought a first timer along this visit and he was blown away by how cool the course is.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Honorable Member
05/06/2020 3:19 pm  
Posted by: @denisgilbert
Posted by: @jbshepherds

I'm sincerely really happy for you!

Here in Quebec, we're still waiting from our Government. Patience will be the key!

Wife said i can play but not with the guys, so Hannah will be my partner for the next few weeks, which is good for her. 

We have restrictions but nothing that will keep me away. I walk so no biggie, i usually pay cash but that is OK also. I dont like water at the course and bring my own drinks, as you know. Keep your head up my friend. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Prominent Member
05/06/2020 3:45 pm  

@say8pet

Good you got to play Moorlands, tough o the greens not being up to par.  Even with those conditions your 1st timer was wowed. 

ReplyQuote
Peter
(@say8pet)
Trusted Member
05/19/2020 3:08 pm  

UPDATE 5.19.20.

Played Moorland again-third time in six weeks. Course absolutely perfect. Tees, fwys, greens-awesome. Played with another newbie who enjoyed herself but recognized its challenges. We played the Red tees. For me, it was great to see/play the course from unfamiliar tees. Really highlighted just how difficult it is to get back in position from any bunker. They are "missable" so their penalty is justified.

PoP was 3:45. Bag drop guys said single cart rule was lifted but many rode solo.

I love Moorland---from any tee.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Prominent Member
05/23/2020 6:51 am  

Thanks for these heads up concerning Moorland. A tough course to play.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
Share: