Notifications
Clear all

Meadowlands 4/22/21

SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Mrs. Secondandgoal and I took a half day off to take advantage of the perfect weather and make the trek north to Meadowlands. We're definitely glad we did. 

Walking into the pro shop feels like walking onto the set of Caddyshack. Straight out of the 70's, old paneling and rug included. I say this as a compliment, it put a smile on my face. Though I only ducked my head in briefly, the restaurant had a similar feel. All the employees we dealt with were great.

The course, overall, was in great shape. Tee boxes and fairways were green and lush, bunkers were soft and fluffy, and the greens were impeccable. Really enjoyed the layout, as it's quite a bit more open than a lot of the courses in MB, and allows for a better chance at recovery if you badly miss the fairway than most, but you still need to think off the tee. It's definitely not just a "grip it and rip it" course, but there's plenty of holes where you can let the big dog eat. Par 5's were all relatively easy to reach in two, but the greens were smallish and well-protected, making it a definite risk-reward proposition.

All in all, an excellent experience, and I'd definitely play it again.

Peter
(@say8pet)
Estimable Member

Thanks SaG.

Saw the sign for Meadowlands on my way to Crow Creek. Another one I will check off the list, post-haste.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Good to see you ventured north to play a nice course like Meadowlands, a very good assortment of holes there.  Thanks for your report.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Way to @secondandgoal (and way to go for Mrs. Secondandgoal)!

Thanks for reporting!

Played Meadowlands only once but this is course where I came the closest to get my first HIO (one inch away from the cup at #11)!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the update, I am glad that you enjoyed the clubhouse looking as it does. It is a place i have not played but might look at trekking there soon.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

A few years ago Meadowlands redid a couple of holes and made it a much more playable course.  It is the sister course of Farmstead and there is a discount available if you play both.  

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Thanks for posting S&G

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

Thanks for sharing nice read.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Thanks for sharing your experience at Meadowlands. Like you, i like this golf course, the pro shop and the snack-bar at this place. It is a bit different than other golf courses. Their inventory in the pro shop is surprising. I was surprised by the quality of this inventory for this relatively small pro shop. 

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
OBBlues
(@obblues)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the report. I still haven't played this course yet. Another one to add to the list if we ever get back to MB. 

ReplyQuote
ZiggyGolfer
(@ziggygolfer)
Trusted Member

Played a fast 9 holes yesterday. only change is that they lightly sanded the greens. no ill effect on the putting

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

Solid course with normally very good conditions.  Thanks for posting!

ReplyQuote
Share: