Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

May 1-7 Trip  

RSS

mike8766
(@mike8766)
May 16, 2019 10:16 am  

Don't post very often but do read them all !! Left from Pittsburgh on May 1 via Spirit - love the non-stops to MYR. Played 5 days - Thursday May 2 through Monday May 6 . 

May 2 - Wild Wing - Great conditioning, good coverage on the fairways and top notch greens . 

May 3 - Wachesaw East - Sparse coverage on some spots on the fairways.  Greens and Tee Boxes were good.  Greens slower than WW. 

May 4 - Long Bay - Excellent track.  Need to know where to hit the ball for sure. Greens and fairways in great shape . 

May 5 - Myrtlewood Pine Hills - Good shape overall.  Greens slightly slower but full coverage. 

May 6 - Kings North - Saved the best for Last - will agree with all the comments on this course - play it and enjoy - just do it from the right tee boxes. 

Accomodations at Barefoot Villas , not Yacht Club or the ones along Norman #9, These are on Norman #16.  Very well furnished 

Dinner at Umberto's, Joe's Bar and Grill, Oscars, Chuck's Steak House.  A bit disappointed in Chuck's - Steak was pretty bland compared to Joe's.  

Will be back in October. 

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
May 16, 2019 11:05 am  

Thanks for the report - all good courses to play. One of the owners of Umberto's is an avid golfer. Great food, famous for their pork chops. See you in October

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Estimable Member
May 16, 2019 11:08 am  

Thanks for your report.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Estimable Member
May 16, 2019 12:22 pm  

Thanks for your post, played some nice courses. What part of the Burgh you from?

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
May 16, 2019 2:44 pm  

Thanks for reporting!

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
mike8766
(@mike8766)
May 16, 2019 4:24 pm  

@jbshepherds - Greentree - work in town 

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Estimable Member
May 16, 2019 4:27 pm  

Thanks Mike!

I really enjoyed the read!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
lndnwd2
(@lndnwd2)
Member Moderator
May 16, 2019 9:17 pm  

Thanks Mike for your reports. My sister and brother in law ate at Umbertos recently and could not believe the size of the pork chops.

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
May 16, 2019 9:47 pm  

Thanks for sharing nice group of courses.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Estimable Member
May 19, 2019 3:28 am  

Good info-great report.

Will have to try Umberto's... we always forget about that place.

I'll be in MB the 2 middle weeks of October.

email me  jjwoods11@aol.com

..if you want to join me/us for a round.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Estimable Member
May 19, 2019 4:42 pm  

Thanks for reporting. Great information for these courses.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Estimable Member
May 20, 2019 1:43 pm  

Cool i am up north in sarver. I used to work in town but now in Freeport!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Eminent Member
May 21, 2019 5:52 pm  

Thanks for the report.

ReplyQuote
Share: