Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Legends conditions?  

RSS

timsel
(@timsel)
March 13, 2019 11:27 am  

I just read a review of the 3 Legends courses and the writer stated the greens were 'gone'.  A bit

concerned since my trip is 2 weeks from today.  Can anyone here update me on current conditions?

BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Moderator
March 13, 2019 11:48 am  

... and where did you read this and when did they play? Legends has 5 courses, which course are they referring too - one of them or all of them?

I texted the Head Pro and his response was  "OUR 3 COURSES ARE TIGHT RIGHT NOW BRO, THAT'S FROM LAST YEAR." 

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by BNLongdriver

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
timsel
(@timsel)
March 13, 2019 12:03 pm  

removed link

Jason R review about 6-7 down the page.

ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Moderator
March 13, 2019 1:15 pm  

The more I look it, the more it looks like a review from last year with 2/24/19 dates on it. 

2 reasons - he said all 3 courses are bad. Head Pro says it's from last year and his courses are awesome right now.
From my experience - If there is any reason to complain ... Moorland replaced their greens last Summer, so the other greens at Legends complex were over seeded, they're green and roll great. However, since the greens on Moorland were replaced and not over seeded - they are a darker green and not as full as the other 2 that are over seeded. He didn't mention that Moorland was totally different from the other 2. He said all three were bad ... that makes me suspicious cause the Head Pro is bragging about the conditions there right now.  

2nd reason -the reviewer said he paid $100 green fee to play there, the date on the POST was 2/24/19. The green fee's were $65 on 2/24/19. 

Just doesn't add up to me ...

Rates doesn't jive with date
All greens are fine, one of them is darker green than the other 2. 
Head Pro says his courses are tits right now and that's from last year.

I see what happened, Yelp need to make some adjustments!! He posted the original review on 2/10/18, again on 2/22/18 and then added to it on 2/24/19 making it look like it's a review from 2/24/19. It's simply an add on to the complaint from his 2018 experience. He must still be pissed off at Legends ...

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Eminent Member
March 13, 2019 1:40 pm  

Thanks for shedding some light on the review, Brian.  I sense a second career in your future.  Private Detective!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Estimable Member
March 13, 2019 3:28 pm  

Our group has played all the Legends courses this year many times, greens at Parkland, Moorlands, and Heathlands are nice, just a bit slow, fairways are also better then decent.  Heritage is top shelf, again slower greens right now, and Oyster Bay is rough around the edges but fairways are coming along, compared to last year OB is 75% better and greens speed is a bit better then the others.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Estimable Member
March 13, 2019 4:13 pm  

OP did you call the course and ask this question?  I email or call the courses all the time to ask them things, they are always excited to answer. They love to hear from someone coming to play their courses. Since i go in the summer my questions usually deal with Aeration, i haven't had one that wasn't honest about the course. 

I am in Brian's boat, you cant always believe when people make general statements. On another site, name will remain nameless cause he is a MB local. He is very opinionated about courses, he BLASTED Whispering Pines not long ago about conditions, even though someone who answered then worked there, he said the guy was lying. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Reputable Member
March 13, 2019 7:03 pm  

Played Parklands and Heathlands a couple weeks ago - they are good.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
March 13, 2019 7:54 pm  

Other review sites like Google, Golfadvisor, TripAdvisor, etc, usually don't have 
enough reviews to make decisions from, but can help overall research. 

Some of the mostly locals courses in MB seem to have a battle of reviews, where one 
review says it's poor and the next day's review says it's great.   It's as if someone has a 
grudge and someone is a member/employee.    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Reputable Member
March 14, 2019 8:42 am  

Trust only the MBGT reviews - not biased and straight forward from golfers who know how to judge conditions

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jay
 jay
(@jay)
March 15, 2019 4:59 pm  

"Trust only the MBGT reviews - not biased and straight forward from golfers who know how to judge conditions"

No truer words are written.  Rely on the regulars here and you will always get the straight story.

Nothin Could be Finer !!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: