International Club ...

Notifications
Clear all

International Club Conditions

Page 2 / 2

Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

Glad to hear they now have someone in charge who cares.  Haven't played there yet but if things improve, sounds like I will be.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

@secondandgoal

You may have jump started the recovery action.  

If the greens are still alive, they should be able to recover them with aeration 
and fertilizer.  Hopefully sod isn't needed.  The bermuda grasses are just now
starting to grow faster with rising temps.   

Good playing on bumpy greens.  

Did they actually say what they will do?  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @artmbgolf

@secondandgoal

You may have jump started the recovery action.  

If the greens are still alive, they should be able to recover them with aeration 
and fertilizer.  Hopefully sod isn't needed.  The bermuda grasses are just now
starting to grow faster with rising temps.   

Good playing on bumpy greens.  

Did they actually say what they will do?  

I do wonder if my complaint pushed them to a bit more aggressive action.

They said the greens are fundamentally very healthy, and that they're already bouncing back, which does seem to be the case. The back 9 greens are overall in pretty good shape. Still some POA, but less than the front, and much smoother grass than the front. They did topdress the greens with green sand, "to improve how the ball rolls and how they appear aesthetically". It was definitely an improvement aesthetically, but not much help with how the ball rolled. 

Hopefully with prime golf season winding down, they'll be aggressive with doing whatever they can to help the greens recover. I'd even welcome an early aeration that would take longer than usual to bounce back from if it meant getting the greens back in shape quicker.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: