Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Indian Wells Closin...

Indian Wells Closing  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Tommy D
(@tommy-d)
10/08/2019 4:02 pm  

Closing the end of the year. Get it while you still can. 

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
10/08/2019 4:20 pm  

Another one bites the dust - won't be the last. Golf is a tough business to make money in - and development is hot right now. A fun course, tier 4.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
10/08/2019 4:43 pm  

Another one! Hoping that this trend will finish one day. 

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
10/08/2019 4:54 pm  

I still believe that a new course will be built  within 9 years (or maybe Marsh Harbor will reopen - one can dream) So many people moving down here. Just in my area are two new developments one for 50 houses and one for 300. Then just past Long Bay on 9 is one for I think 600 homes. And of course on the old Bay Tree layout is 1500 residences, and up the street at least 100 high end houses. And that is just a taste as it's the same up and down the strand. Even at Diamondback there are houses going up. Several developments on 90 and a huge one going up near the shortcut from 90 to 501, looks like they can get another 3 to 400 houses there. And don't get me started on the Carolina Forest area from International drive all the way to the Wizard that's supposed to be developed. Golfers are going to need places to play, which means higher green fees and tougher tee times. It will be more profitable in the industry.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
10/08/2019 5:35 pm  

Oh crap. It's on my bucket list.

Good info UGP

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
10/08/2019 7:34 pm  
Posted by: @jw11

Oh crap. It's on my bucket list.

Good info UGP

jw11

We can try and add Indian Wells while you're here

ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Trusted Member
10/08/2019 8:26 pm  

Here's the article link:
https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/golf/article235912807.html

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
10/08/2019 8:38 pm  

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/golf/article235912807.html

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
10/08/2019 8:56 pm  

The article states....

"The layout will be the first of the 22 courses purchased in the past five years by the China-based company Founders Group International to close and be redeveloped."

Hope it's not the first of many. I remember the posters here on the forum fearing that ...5 years ago ...when the Chinese group formed Founders Inc

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
10/08/2019 8:59 pm  

Just played there this past weekend. Hate to hear it. Course was in pretty good shape and the greens were good.  Green fees were like $33 bucks with the prime time card and there was a good crowed there.  I enjoyed playing at Indian Wells.   

ReplyQuote
lwildernorva
(@lwildernorva)
10/09/2019 8:13 am  

Good course but unfortunately, ripe for development. To me, Myrtle Beach has been successful in golf because there was a wide range of courses appealing to all types of golfers, good or bad, willing to splurge or wanting to go cheap. A lot of the mid-range has been lost since the peak.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
10/09/2019 9:23 am  

Indian Wells is a decent course hate to see it close but housing seems to be the big thing in the MB area, just hope they do not continue the trend, but as UGP says many large developments either started or starting soon.  Bob's link was also a good read.

ReplyQuote
machood
(@mac)
10/09/2019 12:47 pm  

It's not affectionately called "The Bucket" without reason... Parts of that property are very low and hold water.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
10/09/2019 12:51 pm  

I'm happy to have played Indian Wells once and did really appreciate my golf experience there two summers ago.

It's just sad to see one more golf course closing in the golf Mecca and I'm not sure we, as MB golf lovers, can do anything about it!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
10/09/2019 12:59 pm  
Posted by: @denisgilbert

I'm not sure we, as MB golf lovers, can do anything about it!

One of us needs to win a yuge lottery and buy up some courses. And reopen Marsh Harbor!  Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket one day!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: