Forum2019-01-13T12:04:03+00:00

Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

first timer  

Page 2 / 3 Prev Next
  RSS

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2019 7:18 am  

Other than 1 and 9, Azalea has some good holes. Enjoy your trip and let us know how it went,

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Chris14race
(@chris14race)
January 10, 2019 11:15 am  

I could replace azalea with colonial charters for about the same money. .  Is that a better course? 

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2019 11:20 am  

Not in my opinion - though I haven't played Charters in 3 years

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Eminent Member
January 10, 2019 12:27 pm  

Me i would do KN but if the other is closer then have at it man and enjoy yourself. Please leave a report on the course. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
January 10, 2019 2:06 pm  
Posted by: Chris14race

I could replace azalea with colonial charters for about the same money. .  Is that a better course? 

I haven't played Azalea l in a long time. Played Charter a couple of years ago and it is actually on a trip I am going on this spring . Based on what I remember of Azalea and Charter, I would stay with Azalea.  I really don't like Charter and wish it wasn't on the the trip a buddy of mine put together.  Right now, I am guessing Charter is a swampy mud pit. I would have to rank Charter near the bottom of courses.

This post was modified 1 week ago by herdman

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2019 4:06 pm  

Col Charters is at the bottom with Azalea Sands.  

For your lower cost course, consider: MBN West/South, River Hills, Eagle Nest,
Crown Park, Sandpiper Bay, Beachwood, Possum Trot.   

The month you are going affects how much driving/lunch time you have between rounds.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Chris14race
(@chris14race)
January 10, 2019 4:50 pm  

What’s Aberdeen like? I understand it’s closed until feb from hurricane damage, but from the pics I saw of it looked pretty nice 

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2019 4:55 pm  

Aberdeen is a solid 3 to 3.5 - when open and not under water I play there somewhat often and it is a good sold track.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2019 4:57 pm  

Aberdeen is supposed to open Feb 1 when the clubhouse is done - course is in great shape and playable right now.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Eminent Member
January 10, 2019 6:00 pm  

Aberdeen is real nice when it's not flooded.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
January 10, 2019 6:19 pm  

Always enjoyed playing Aberdeen. Much better than Charters or Azalea. It is a shame it is in such a flood prone area.  Might look at River Hills which is very solid. Pretty hard though.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Eminent Member
January 10, 2019 6:44 pm  

I have played many times Aberdeen. It is a nice layout, very playable and in good condition.  Tough for short hitters because of the sand traps and water. Overall it is a really good place to play. 

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2019 7:06 pm  

Colonial Charters is far enough away from the Waccamaw river so it's not an issue with flooding. First hole is not good - some ok holes along the way. They are building homes quite a bit there. The course is OK - but not compared to the rest of MB

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2019 8:54 pm  
Posted by: Chris14race

What’s Aberdeen like? I understand it’s closed until feb from hurricane damage, but from the pics I saw of it looked pretty nice 

Aberdeen is as good as other recommended low cost courses and a lot better than Col Chart + 
Azalea Sands.   It has 27 holes, so you could spend the day there.  You can see some gators there, 
mainly on the Woodlands nine.    It replays with Long Bay nearby.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Chris14race
(@chris14race)
January 11, 2019 5:56 am  

Ok so we’re gonna do Aberdeen am and thistle pm our first day. Then Kings north the next day or the west course there.  Just depends on how much money I can get everyone to agree to spend haha.    Thanks again everyone. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3 Prev Next
Share:

Brian Noblin

Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers

Phone: 844.706.7503

Web: Visit the Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers website today!

Working

Please Login or Register