Notifications
Clear all

Easter Weekend Golf

mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Played Sandpiper Bay on Sat. and Tradition on Mon.

Sandpiper Bay - one of the more underrated lower budget courses in the area IMO. I played the Sand/Piper 9's. It was a bit chilly with highs only around 55 and some wind. The course was in pretty good shape. Tee Boxes were mostly good, some had a few issues. Fairways were generally good and we were getting some roll on the drives which was nice as it has been a very wet winter. The greens were rolling good but a bit on the slower side. Overall a good experience, friendly staff, solid fairly straight forward layout with enough interesting holes out there. Great bang for the buck course.

Tradition - Beautiful day for golf, high 70's little wind, maybe a club here and there. Great practice facility there to warm up and a very nice staff inside and out. The course was in very good shape with Tee Boxes very solid and fairways in really good shape, playing firm with the ball sitting up nice. The greens rolled good and were average in speed. Only drawback is the rough was almost non existent, still dormant and very hard, although trying to turn so sure it will grow in the next weeks. If you hit in in the rough off the tee, even feet off the fairway there was a chance the ball could get away from you. There were a couple we hit which we expected to be just off the fairway in decent shape and ended up opposite the cart path. But I guess we need to hit it straight down the middle more often. 😀 Overall, its a solid layout with some interesting holes and we really enjoyed the day. After the round we made it over to Murrells Inlet for a nice dinner at the Claw House. The inlet was absolutely packed, more than I recall it pre-Covid. They told us an hour to 90 minute wait for a table but fortunately found a seat at the bar and we were able to be served pretty quickly. If you havent tried it I highly recommend you do.

S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Thanks for reporting on these two golf course. Sandpiper Bay is on my list each spring. It is a nice golf course design. I have not play Tradition since a long time. I might play there this fall.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Sounds good.  

Thanks! 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Trusted Member

great to see it busy.  thank you for reporting

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Thanks @mperna2001, I really enjoyed reading your report!

Keep up the great "work"! 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Thanks for your take on both Sandpiper and Tradition.

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the updates.

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

Agree about your thoughts on Sand Piper played it several years ago. Really enjoyed the old style layout.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the update!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: