Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Eagle Nest  

RSS

S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
22/07/2019 6:30 am  

Charlie Rymer has visited Eagle Nest recently. See this video, he is the same guy that we have appreciated at Golf Channel: https://youtu.be/7HJDU6f7514

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago 2 times by S***H

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
22/07/2019 6:53 am  

I played EN a lot when I first got to MB in a skin game once or twice a week. Not a huge fan of the course, but they have worked hard to put it in better shape. 16 is a great hole - 17 (the one in the video) is, in my opinion, a terrible par 5. Lots of slopes to the greens, very tough to putt when they are fast.

EN is a solid tier 4 when the greens are good. I will play there from time to time.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Moderator
22/07/2019 9:32 am  

Charlie is on Staff with Golf Holiday/Golf Tourism Solutions - GH/GTS handles the world wide marketing and advertising of Grand Strand Golf courses, Area Golf Package Providers, hotels and the other members of that Association.  You'll be seeing Charlie in various videos' commercial, etc ... if you're here in Myrtle Beach, you will not see most of the work he'll be doing.  But if you're in Michigan, PA, OH or NY - and when the golf package booking seasons starts  - you'll prob. see a commercial with him every 20 minutes. He was/is being paired with LPGA Golfer - Paige Sponranic to be the dynamic duo ... 

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
22/07/2019 9:47 am  

Although Eagles Nest is a favorite course, we do play it as 2 of my friends get their monthly all you can play membership.  Perch Tees are crazy IMO and money could have been spent in other areas to make the course better.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
22/07/2019 12:20 pm  

Thanks for the update to both UGP and Brian!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
22/07/2019 6:10 pm  

@bnlongdriver

I am sure that both will do a fantastic job. 

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
22/07/2019 6:11 pm  

Need to invite him to join MBGT - if anyone has his email address let me know and I'll send him an invite

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
22/07/2019 9:03 pm  

Do courses pay for the Golf Tourism videos or does each course get it's turn to
do it?   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
CBP Section 205
(@cbp-section-205)
23/07/2019 8:58 am  

Better yet, invite Paige to join MBGT.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
23/07/2019 11:39 am  
Posted by: @cbp-section-205

Better yet, invite Paige to join MBGT.

Wish I thought of that

ReplyQuote
Jeff
 Jeff
(@jeff)
23/07/2019 1:10 pm  

Charlie Rymer and Paige are both celebrities at the World Am 19th hole. Charlie has been for a while and Paige for the last couple, and both will be there this year.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
23/07/2019 2:33 pm  

Both would be great additions to MBGT. However, I admit that Paige is a very nice looking women. And she played golf at university level. She knows the game.

ReplyQuote
Share: