Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Course conditions  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

justgolf
(@justgolf)
March 4, 2019 12:32 pm  

Will be playing these course starting on the 11th of this month, Arrowhead CC, Leopards Chase, Rivers Edge, Caledonia, Myrtle Beach National, True Blue Plantation, anyone know the conditions of any of these?  Thank you

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
March 4, 2019 12:42 pm  

MBN and Arrowhead were awesome within the last month when I played them. LC's greens were a little weak a month ago. Lefty was at Rivers Edge recently - look for his report. At MBN I played KN - word is that Southcreek and West are just as good.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
justgolf
(@justgolf)
March 7, 2019 10:25 am  

Ok we are leaving from Kansas City in the morning, has anyone else played any of these course in the last month? Cant wait to get out of this cold weather

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
March 7, 2019 12:45 pm  

A new trip report has covered TB + Cal. 

Dec-Feb are slow times of the year for reports. 

Please report back.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Estimable Member
March 9, 2019 5:32 pm  

From what I read over the last few weeks, you do not have to be worried about conditions for all the courses that you decided to play, except maybe (I did write maybe) Leopard's Chase.

I'm quite sure you'll get some feedbacks about the latter over the next few days.

Wishing you a wonderful trip!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
March 11, 2019 4:57 pm  

Leopards Chase yesterday looked not so good, heard from a few that the greens are not quick and very bumpy.  Rivers Edge in nice condition, greens a tad slow but they were true should be quicker in a few weeks.

This post was modified 2 months ago by leftygar1

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Estimable Member
March 12, 2019 6:00 pm  

Nice to know for these courses.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Estimable Member
March 12, 2019 10:08 pm  

I don't know what's going on @ the  Ocean Ridge Plantation courses.

Rarely a good report in the last couple years.

I played them all in the last 2/3 years and thought Panthers Run was in the best shape of the 4.

Leopards Chase seemed okay ,but got rained out after 8 holes.

But , the common problem on all 4 courses was basic maintenance.

8 inch weeds growing in the fairways.

Uncut grass.

I'd be pissed if I were a member there.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
timsel
(@timsel)
March 13, 2019 11:10 am  

Any reports on conditions at the Legends courses and Heritage?

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
March 13, 2019 3:24 pm  

Played Heritage last week, you will have no issues whatsoever, greens are a tad slow but other then that a very solid course.  We played Heathlands again tomorrow and expect the same conditions as 2 weeks ago, fairways filling in nicely and greens again on the slower side until the warmth is here for long stay.  Parklands and Moorlands the same we found.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Estimable Member
March 13, 2019 4:16 pm  

Hope to hear more on Arrowhead. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
March 13, 2019 4:19 pm  

I’m playing arrowhead Saturday and will report 

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
March 13, 2019 7:57 pm  

It appears that JustGolf may have already played AH, but all reports are welcome.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Estimable Member
March 14, 2019 1:47 pm  

I am not playing till July, so i want to see them all the way up till then. I am jumpy to go!!!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
justgolf
(@justgolf)
March 18, 2019 5:40 pm  

Guys we just got home on Saturday night, will do a write up later this week, we had a great time and the weather couldn't have been better, all the courses we played were all in great condition, all i know is at the age of 53 playing 36 holes a day for 6 days kind of takes it's toll on you!!!! But we all have a great time !!!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: