Conditions at Legen...

Notifications
Clear all

Conditions at Legends

S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I received some news of a canadian friend presently at Myrtle Beach. Matter of fact, he is there since November, coming by airplane. He has a winter membership at the Legends playing 3-4 each week. Conditions are improving on these courses because the weather has improved. Tuesday, he played Moorland. Only 3 holes were CPO. According to him, Parkland is more wet in the fairways. It is not the case for the bunkers because in 2017 they installed new drainage systems in the 60 bunkers to ensure consistent playability through any weather condition. My friend played Parkland many times since his arrival. I do not know what is the real problem for Parkland. Is it a problem of drainage in the fairways? I can not say. The protection in the clubhouse and on the courses of the Legends against the covid19 was excellent. He is lucky, 5 more weeks in Myrtle Beach for him. 

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

While the property for all 3 Legends courses are similar, Parkland may 
be a little lower and flatter.  It does have more trees that shade the 
fairways and block the wind.   

It's possible Parkland's drainage isn't as good or is clogged up. 
It also has been a wet winter in MB, per reports we read.  

Your friend has a great trip.  Did he plan it to be all winter or did he 
get stuck in MB with the border closed?    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Actually he will stay in Myrtle for an another five weeks. After that, he can cross the borders anytime but some conditions will apply. 

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Trusted Member

I'm sure Legends will improve, they've had soooo much rain.  I was there in August and played Heathland and Parkland.  I couldn't believe how pristine the ENTIRE property was.  Well done Legends.  Can't wait to return.

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@hookybass

I am not too anxious. The conditions will certainly improve. At the end of the next week, with the sunshine and warmer temperature- in the seventies- it could be possible to drive in the fairways.

For me too. This place is so special. At the same place, we can have a variety of golf courses for all handicaps. Just have to choose the good tees, in particular on the Moorland course.

ReplyQuote
Peter
(@say8pet)
Estimable Member

Played Moorland a week ago Wednesday. Obviously, CPO with all the recent rain. Fairways were actually on the dry side for the most part....

However, it was the first time in my life I lost two balls INSIDE a bunker. Water was ankle-plus deep and finding/getting to it without a rake would have been a chore.

Polekat914 and S***H liked
ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Good to read that your friend is enjoying his MB stay, and that the Legends are drying out, we all like the 3 courses there and next year will not be here soon enough.  Hopefully your friend is driving home rather then flying, a lot  hassle and will save $$ on no Hotel stay over.

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@leftygar1

You are right but be will save maybe 2 000$ (3 days at hotel) but he will have a quarantine to do after his arrival. 

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

@s333h

Going to be tough for many who did fly south to do the quarantine and spend the $$ for a 3 day hotel stay, my one friend who owns a home in Arizona is already making plans to return and is making an inquiry as to his status as he and his girlfriend have gotten their vaccines already.  It will be a grey area for sure.

Best thing for us is we will be in MB next season and golfing together a few times. 

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
lwildernorva
(@lwildernorva)
Estimable Member

Great complex, and a real relief to see that they have remained open and fully operational given the demise over the years of some of the other multi-course complexes like Wild Wing and Bay Tree.

This post was modified 1 month ago by lwildernorva

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
Share: