Brunswick Plantatio...

Notifications
Clear all

Brunswick Plantation

djr6648
(@djr6648)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

We played here yesterday. Course is in nice shape. Good overseed and the greens were pretty quick. Still some soft spots around the course but I think you’re going to find that on any course in the area. 

S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Nice to know. The overseeding has been very good over the years at Brunswick Plantation. It is was of the reasons why i play there during the winter. Thanks for your report. Nice to read you.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Thanks for reporting @djr6648!

Brunswick Plantation is still on my "to play" list!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Thanks for take on Brunswick, it is a course that generally is better then decent for the cost. best 9 to me is the one that goes back towards Hwy. 17.

ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Trusted Member

Since arriving @ Brunswick Plantation during the 1st week of January for our winter stay, I've played it 3 times and played 14 other courses as well so I have been able to make the comparison.  BP has the best fairway overseed of any of the courses.  The greens are also very nice, healthy overseed that putts true and smooth.  There are two greens that have a couple of small patch jobs but considering the patches are done during dormant times, they remain very good as they are consistently rolled.  Like all the experiences thus far, conditions have been wet so there has been plenty of CPO at BP and other courses.  BP does have a kind of 'gumbo soil' that tends to hold moisture rather than allow it to percolate through however I have noticed that drainage around the greens and certain fairway areas have been improved.  Of the 3 nines, Azalea-Dogwood-Magnolia, my favorite is Dogwood as it sets up for the high draw off the tee.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the update!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: