Notifications
Clear all

Beachwood

djr6648
(@djr6648)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Played here yesterday under sunny skies with temperatures in the low 60’s. The course is in good shape with the greens running a little quicker than other times I have played here. Decent overseed on the fairways. Pace of play 3:40. Nice afternoon to be out on the course.

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Nice to read the greens at Beachwood have gotten quicker, they were always very slow over the years we played it.  Some nice holes there as well.  Thanks for posting.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Thanks @djr6648 for reporting from a course we don't read quite often about!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Beachwood is on my list each time that i am in Myrtle Beach. Easy to moderate course in terms of difficulty, it is always fun to play Beachwood. If you have a tee time in the afternoon, you can finish your day at Benitos for a good pizza or an another italian food. The restaurant is near of the first tee. So you are almost in the dining room.😊 Thanks for the report!

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the report!

ReplyQuote
lwildernorva
(@lwildernorva)
Trusted Member

For those who consider a "warm up" course a good idea, I think Beachwood is one of the best. Good conditions, some decent holes, a friendly staff. If you're picking up the sticks after a long layoff, Beachwood will give you some opportunities to spray it but also has challenging holes so that you can take the next step up to Tidewater, Barefoot Landing, True Blue, etc.

Glad to hear it's in good shape.

ReplyQuote
djr6648
(@djr6648)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I try to make Beachwood one of the first courses we play when we are down for the winter. Very golfer friendly with some fun holes and usually in good shape.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the update!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Nice lil golf course

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

They also have a reasonable winter membership

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Trusted Member

Have always liked the course.  Easy on the budget.  Typically we've played it on departure day when half our attention is on golf and the other half is on the long trip home.

ReplyQuote
Share: