Notifications
Clear all

Arrowhead 1/10  

mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Played the Waterway/Cypress 9's yesterday. Both 9's have a nice routing with a good variety of holes. I think all 3 9's are fairly similar although I recall from last time really enjoying the Lakes 9 so I'll need to get back to try to get on that one again. The Par 4's generally played short while the 5's and 3's played longer which I found interesting.

Course was damp and CPO, which is often the case this time of year. Tee boxes were damp and a bit hairy from the over seed, fairways were decent but wet so we had to roll it. The rough was in good condition, a bit long and challenging in spots. Greens were average speed, rolled pretty good but very tough to read. Whoever cut the holes last really found some challenging locations.  Even the 3 and 4 footers would move making it a difficult day to score well.

This course has been getting excellent reviews for its conditions so I'll try to get back here in season.

tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

Nice to read a golf course report.  Thanks.  Arrowhead is a pretty good challenge.  

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

I like Waterway + Cypress a little better than Lakes. 

Thanks for  your report!  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Thanks for reporting once again @mperna2001!

Very much appreciated!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

Have really enjoyed playing at Arrowhead in the past. Thanks for sharing

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Always interesting to read a golf report at this time of the year. They are so few presently. Like Art, i prefer Waterway and Cypress a little better than Lakes. 

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the update on a great course to play!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member

Arrowhead is a great place to play.

Usually has very fast greens in season

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Share: