Your favorite Mid T...

Notifications
Clear all

Your favorite Mid Tier courses...

31 Posts
20 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter

The new Forum looks great.. and it looks like I might be the first poster in the "courses" forum so I will bring up my favorite subject of mid-tier  golf courses.

Most people know about the Great top-tier Myrtle Beach area courses ,but a lot of people want to know about the best of the rest.

What are YOUR favorites ?

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

6542Golf 6542Golf 12/25/2018 12:47 pm

Man o War Possum Trot

26 Answers

Just a couple to practice: 

Pearl, Wild Wing, Farmstead, Wizard, MOW,..... 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Steelerfan 12/24/2018 10:02 am

A lot of good mid tier bang for the buck courses.. Tradition,The Pearl, Farmstead, River Club, South Creek, Wild Wing, Rivers Edge ...ECT..

Southcreek, Leopards Chase, Farmstead, Meadowland, River Hills, Witch, River Club, Wachesaw Plantation, Carolina National

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

For me: Shaftesbury Glenn, Farmstead, Pearl West, Wild Wing.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

I do like the Mystic courses they are decent for the price. They are not the only ones, there are so many. 

Let the Big Dawg Bark!!!

The ones I like are, Shaftsbury Glen, Jones course at Sea Trail, West course at Pearl, River Club, River's Edge, Tradition, Willbrook.  So many to mention so many good places to play.

I'm surprised JW didn't mention it already so I will add the Witch to the list. Because I won one of the Christmas auctions for green fees to the Witch on this site many years ago (maybe 15-18 years?), it's the course I  have played the most in MB. Never played it well but always enjoyed the course and the serenity of the front nine. 

Man o War, Possum Trot Farmstead just to name a few.

Brownwood Bandit

Topic starter

I can't believe I haven't played Possum Trot yet.

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

jbshepherds 12/26/2018 1:13 pm

you better or you will loose your title King of the Mid Tiers. 

Topic starter

My favorite Mid Tiers in no particular order ...

Farmstead.

Shaftsbury Glen 

The Pearls 

The Witch

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

""""""""  I can't believe I haven't played Possum Trot yet.    "King Of The Mid-tiers"

JW11, this 2019 might be your last year to play PT. 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

I will have to go with Myrtlewood Pine Hills. I always seem to score well on that track.

Nothin Could be Finer !!!!!!

Topic starter

Thanks Jay.

I have only played Myrtlewood's other course, Palmetto.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for registering.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

Undercover Golf Pro Undercover Golf Pro 12/27/2018 7:46 am

I really like Palmetto, it's a nice old style layout with many excellent holes. Plays long from the whites - about 6500. That's OK when the ball is rolling in the fairways. Never been a fan of Pinehills

River Hills for me, Best Mid Tier Course
MOW
Witch 

River Hills

Sandpiper Bay

Farmstead

Page 1 / 2
Share: