Most scenic courses...

Notifications
Clear all

Most scenic courses?

RSS

Topic starter

Will be in MB in mid April with my wife. Plan on playing a bunch of mid level courses but wouldn't mind spending a little more on a couple of really scenic courses. More interested in the scenery then the way the course plays, if that makes sense. Looking at $150 or less for these courses, hopefully a lot less. Thanks.

12 Answers

Tidewater - Rivers Edge - Oyster Bay - Glen Dornoch - Heritage 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

At the price point you mentioned, I think Art is spot on with his answer.  I would put both Tidewater and River's Edge a notch above the other 3.

If you don't mind a little road trip, you may also want to consider Bald Head Island further north in NC.  Very nice course with the added bonus of taking the ferry boat to BHI.  

Thanks guys. We'll be there 10 days to 2 weeks so a road trip isn't out of the question. We were kind of wondering what there might be to see north into NC.

Totally agree with Art, add Pawleys Plantation to his list.

Yep, once again Art hit the nail right on the head!  

I'd throw Willbrook in there too, especially if the flowers are blooming.

Golfed with my wife a few years back and we really liked The Witch for the scenery.

Also consider 

RIVERS EDGE

DIAMONDBACK

OYSTER BAY

PEARL

LONG BAY

GLEN DORNOCH 

HERITAGE

those are all affordable courses.

WILLBROOK has been rated in the Top 100 in the country for women golfers (fyi)

Have a good trip.

jw11

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

@garyt1957 : I do strongly agree with all the recommendations that you already got!

Have a great time!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

I have a real love for Tidewater.  Great layout.  Not done by a big name architect, but a great layout.  I like Oyster Bay, it gets a tremendous amount of play.  If you are near Heritage and don't mind spending a few dollars more, Caledonia Fish and Game as well as True Blue are well worth the play.

Golf junkie and soon to be retired insurance agent.

As you are calculating, the value will depend on how many rounds you
play per year in MB. I haven't read the rules lately, but it used to let
you earn a free round with every 5 rounds played.

The courses you list are the best of the Founders/Primes Times Group.
KN, GDunes, TPC are the best 3. I think many MBGTers will rank
Willbrook ahead of Wild Wing + World Tour, but it's close.   

I think many who live in MB, probably have the Prime Times and
the MB Passport, to cover more courses.

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Topic starter

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to book 3 nights at Brunswick Plantation playing Brunswick, Crows Creek and Long Bay. We'll have another 8 days staying at Myrtlewood and will choose ala carte golf.

Topic starter

So I'm seriously considering getting the Prime Times membership. Even after paying the membership fee it looks like we would end up paying about $65 a round for some decent courses. If we play more, the price will go down. I'm looking at some combination of King's North, Grand Dunes, TPC Myrtle Beach,  Wild wing, and World Tour Golf Links. Any tips on these courses. We plan on playing one of the Myrtlewood courses on our day of arrival as we are staying there and it will be convenient and a good warm up.

Topic starter

So I did buy the Prime Times card. Playing TPC MB Tuesday. Plan on adding King's North, World Tour, Grand Dunes and Wild Wing as the week goes on. 

Hard to beat that lineup.

Share: