Sweaty hands

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
IL Lefty
(@il-lefty)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I don't wear a glove and my hands get really sweaty. Does anybody have any special remedies? I've tried hand sanitizer but looking for any other ideas.

Thanks

Rick

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member

I use baby powder on my palm and in my glove

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

A lot pf pros wipe the grip and hands before a shot. 

If you decide to use a glove, take it off between shots and while 
putting, so it does't get soaked through.    

Some say they use rain gloves. 

Use fresh grips if you have old grips. 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
(@polekat914)
Prominent Member

I wear two gloves.  In the summer I'll wear up to 8 different gloves during the round.  I've also resorted to wearing long sleeves in the summer.  I used to wear sweat bands but they just end up getting soaked by the middle of the round and would need to carry multiple pairs to stay dry.  The long sleeve stay dry material is pretty good at wicking sweat away.  The long sleeves also prevent me from having to wear sunscreen on my forearms.  The sunscreen would run down onto my hands and make the grips impossibly slick.

I was thinking about buying a rosin bag but baby powder should do the trick as well.  It's a big problem for me in the summer.

Art's point about the rain gloves is also good.  They are better at absorbing the sweat but even they will need a refresh or to dry out some as well.  I have a pair of them in my rotation of 8.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

When I'm coming to Myrtle Beach and it's a bit too hot and humid, I do use rain gloves and it works for me!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Share: