What Bets/Games do you play in your groups when in MB?  

RSS

GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Eminent Member
01/08/2020 3:24 pm  

Just curious as to what games/bets your groups  play when in Myrtle?  Our group is lucky to have an EXCEL guru who tracks our games on an excel spreadsheet. Our group of 24-28 play a two man stableford (A & B player based stableford).  The A & B player is based on the score you shot that day then split the field in two with the upper half (lower scores = A player) and the lower half being the B players(higher scores).  Works great and eliminates sandbagging.  We also play a skins game - two tie we all tie.  

So, what do you do??

GolfdawgZ

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by GolfdawgZ

daz

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Prominent Member
01/08/2020 4:43 pm  

The original MB group that I was in years ago consisted of all guys from 
the men's club of the same public course.   All had handicaps from that 
course.  We had BB of 2, BB of 4, stapleford, individual net.  Since everyone 
was familiar with the games of others, they would predict who would win. 

My current group just does side bets.  No need to worry about handicaps and
rules.   

If you have someone using a laptop to figure up results that is nice. 
There is a website you can use for running the competition and pairings,
called  www.GolfTripGenius.com            

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
01/08/2020 6:30 pm  

We play for bragging rights only. 

If you play for money, it can seem in poor taste to laugh at your opponent's failures & what fun would that be??

It's no hold barred when it comes to ridicule in my group, & the favored response when provoked is, "Don't laugh, it could happen to you.".....& it always does. 😁

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
01/08/2020 7:08 pm  

Our group of 12 plays 3 teams of abcd players we count 3 balls on each hole. Also have several side bets plus skins 5 dollars team and 5 dollars skins. Side bets 2 dollars nassaul. Skin is 2 tie all tie.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Estimable Member
01/08/2020 7:37 pm  

Our group of 20 has been using the quota system for many years.  I feel it works best when you have such a difference in handicaps.  Points are awarded for scores in relation to par.  In our group one point is given for a double bogey, two for bogey, three for par, five for birdies and 8 for better than birdie (rarely happens).  Each player has a target # of points based on past scores.  If you get more points than your target, you are + that amount for the day. Less and you are - for the day.  There are four players on each team and the team with the best score in relation to their targets wins each nine and total.  Sounds complicated but it works pretty easily.  We do have someone who keeps everything updated on his laptop.  The quota scores can change daily, although we do ours every other day.

Each guy puts up $105 a week prize money and with 20 guys it comes out to $300 a day.  The money is split between first and second place.  Most of the time things even out pretty well by the end of the seven days of golf.

We have tried other methods during our 25 trips to MB, but the quota system is the best and most even.

There is a separate pot for skins and it divided into an A player and B player grouping.  

ReplyQuote
GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Eminent Member
01/09/2020 3:37 pm  

Thanks for the input gentlemen!    GDZ

daz

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
01/10/2020 7:42 am  
Posted by: @skippy

If you play for money, it can seem in poor taste to laugh at your opponent's failures & what fun would that be??

It's no hold barred when it comes to ridicule in my group, & the favored response when provoked is, "Don't laugh, it could happen to you.".....& it always does.

I played with you guys last year - not sure bragging is an appropriate word for the golf played!!  Looking forward to no hold barred when we play again this year! You guys are great to play with.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
01/10/2020 2:43 pm  
Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro
Posted by: @skippy

It's no hold barred when it comes to ridicule in my group, & the favored response when provoked is, "Don't laugh, it could happen to you.".....& it always does.

I played with you guys last year - not sure bragging is an appropriate word for the golf played!!  Looking forward to no hold barred when we play again this year! You guys are great to play with.

Looking forward to it!

ReplyQuote
Share: