Clear all

Feeling down  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS

OBBlues
(@obblues)
Trusted Member
06/21/2020 9:55 am  

Just had to cancel our Aug 8-15 trip because of the ongoing problems. We don't even know know as a Canadian if we could cross the border during that time period. I'm glad I got to spend a week in early March in MB just before the pandemic was declared. We'll be back, just not sure when. 

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
06/21/2020 11:17 am  

I feel for you, we had to come home six weeks early, mid March instead of late April due to the virus, now with no Insurance Company covering anyone for the COVID 19 Virus yet, our winter rental is looking lost as well.  28 Canadian couples stay in the resort we stay in, going to be a lot of empty tee times this winter I am feeling with between 5 and 8,000 extra golfers not there.

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
06/21/2020 4:27 pm  

I just read today that SC is one of the covid "hot spots".  Must not be much social distancing or mask wearing going on.  Our group is scheduled for October.  Still hoping to make it.

ReplyQuote
Dobbs2u
(@dobbs2u)
06/21/2020 6:45 pm  

Our group of 28 had to cancel our March 27-April 4 trip. Major disappointment all around. 

All you can do is stay safe, take the necessary precautions and plan another trip. If you

don't make plans, things tend to not happen. I have re-booked a group of 12 for Nov 7-14.

Fingers crossed this Covid nonsense clears up to allow for that trip. We have booked with

Brian Noblin for the past 3 years, and he is the absolute best. Always ready to go the extra

mile to get you what you need. No problems with our cancellations and re-booking for the

smaller group was a breeze. Looking forward to the November trip and also thinking about

next March. With Easter being the first weekend in April we will be booking March 20 - 27 th

week to avoid any family conflicts with Easter. Hopefully this Covid will pass and/or they will

have developed a vaccine before then. Wishing everyone good health and good things in the

coming months.

BT

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
06/21/2020 9:11 pm  

I also had to cancel MB this spring.  I have rebooked for Oct.   

People are being less careful.  We trust a friend, neighbor, relative, but
they may have just been in contact with an infected person.   They also say
it's worse if you are hanging out with an infected person, compared to just 
meeting.   

Booking the next trip and planning the one after helps to stay sane.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
wolverine12
(@wolverine12)
Eminent Member
06/22/2020 10:04 am  

My wife & I did a road trip end of May 2019, 3 days each Nashville, Pinehurst & MB, we had a great time, we were looking at repeating this year first 2 weeks of June, with Ocean City replacing Nashville. I had prices for everything & was supposed to book it all then the Covid closing started & the rest is history. 

We hope maybe we can do it at the  start of Oct but the Canada/US border closing keeps getting extended. Booking will get done when that is fully opened & all is settled down for a bit.  

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
06/22/2020 10:55 am  

Tons of compassion to all the guys who have to cancel MB trips.

I had my own share of frustration back in March when I had to postpone a whole month stay scheduled for Mid-April through Mid-May and all my fellow Canadian friends and I don't really know when we'll be able to be back in Myrtle Beach!

Let's hope the situation will improve for 2021!

And from now on, it will be "Puerto Patio" up here in Quebec this summer!

Stay safe everybody!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

leftygar1 liked
ReplyQuote
wolverine12
(@wolverine12)
Eminent Member
06/22/2020 11:15 am  

At least we've been experiencing MB summer weather in the Montreal area right now,  its been 90F with humidex of 100F for past 4-5 days, with 2 more days of it before it gets back to  a normal high 70s-low 80s with lower humidity.

I played Fri-Sat-Sun walking in it, I need a day or 2 for my body to recover & rehydrate. There was 1 case of heat stroke yesterday at the course.

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member
06/23/2020 1:48 pm  

GA is more open than SC. Here is what we do. We stay away from everyone and if we go into an establishment where we think the establishment is not taking this seriously, then we don't go back. So far so good.

Keep your distance and sanitize the hands anytime they touch something outside your control. COSTCO is no longer wiping down cart as you enter. The first thing I do is get out my self-sized sanitizer, lather the hands and wipe down the buggy handle myself.

ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Admin
06/23/2020 2:17 pm  

@artmbgolf

My neighbor across the street just tested positive ... he's a bartender at a very popular local dive bar that is always PACKED! He's the first one I know to have the COVD. I left him a handle of Mr. Brown Saturday, left him a 12 pack of PBR last night, wondering what to leave him tonight? 

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
06/23/2020 2:35 pm  
Posted by: @bnlongdriver

@artmbgolf

My neighbor across the street just tested positive ... he's a bartender at a very popular local dive bar that is always PACKED! He's the first one I know to have the COVD. I left him a handle of Mr. Brown Saturday, left him a 12 pack of PBR last night, wondering what to leave him tonight? 

A Heineken barrell maybe? 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
06/23/2020 3:18 pm  

sorry to hear you cancelled. We are still coming, but we will be masked and not out unless needed. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
jminrod
(@jminrod)
06/23/2020 3:25 pm  

All of the other posts I have been reading is that all is well and things are open in North Myrtle. This recent post is worrying me? Is this only because Canadian people not allowed to cross the border? We are coming down on July 10th for a week. Are the course open, the rental I have is non-refundable so any info would help.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
06/23/2020 3:47 pm  

@jminrod

As a Canadian I will not be down in MB this winter, the virus and no medical coverage available for it yet is our determining factor.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
06/23/2020 7:31 pm  

People are coming in and enjoying what MB has to offer. Of course there are more cases since all the experts knew that once we re-opened more people would contract the virus. It's never going away and you can't stay inside the rest of your life, nor can businesses stay shut down. 

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: