Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Rioz - 4 Oct 2019  

RSS

Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Trusted Member
10/07/2019 1:40 pm  

Inspired by UGP...

Took most of the family for my wife's BDay (stepdaughter is in the MB marching band so she was at the football game).  I'll write this up like my typically course reports.

Food - Very good to outstanding as usual.  Star of the night was the garlic sirloin.  Runner up were the lamb chops.  I didn't get a chance to cover the full menu several times like I normally do.  It's hard to chow down when you're also entertaining a 10 month old :-).  I'm a sucker for the beef ribs and usually end my night with some.  You have to ask for them sometimes as they aren't as often brought around compared to most of the other cuts of meat.  Salad bar is excellent as always, although chilled shrimp was terrible.  Must have had a bad batch at the time.  

Service - Excellent as always.

Wait Time - Steady busy, but not packed like in the summer.  Maybe a little slower than expected on a Friday night.

Price - They increased the price a bit since that last time we went there.  It's now $38/person, up from $36.  Still a solid deal for what you are able to eat.  

For value, service, food quality, experience, etc., it is hard to beat.  

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
10/07/2019 1:43 pm  

Now, you're also a "gourmet critique"? 😉

Thanks for sharing!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
10/07/2019 1:48 pm  

I need to get there - the problem is that I have to eat $50 worth of food to make up for my wife who will eat about 10 bucks worth!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Trusted Member
10/07/2019 4:25 pm  
Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro

I need to get there - the problem is that I have to eat $50 worth of food to make up for my wife who will eat about 10 bucks worth!

You could always have your wife opt for the salad bar.  I think it's $17 or $18 and still great.  It includes vegetables, pasta, potatoes, rice & beans, different vegetable salads, a chicken salad that's common to Brazil, some sushi, cured meats, cheeses, and all the bacon one could eat.  I could eat $20 worth of bacon 🙂

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Trusted Member
10/07/2019 4:27 pm  

Ah, one other idea, I know in the past they had ladies nights on Thursdays in the winter for $25/person.  Not sure if that will be the case this year but something to keep an eye out for.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
10/07/2019 4:28 pm  
Posted by: @polekat914

I could eat $20 worth of bacon

$50 worth of bacon! Thanks for the idea

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
10/07/2019 6:42 pm  

Thanks for the great info. 

I just read this to my girl and now she wants to check it out.

See you two at Possum Trot on Thursday morning.

Hope I can swing a club at 7:24 am... i haven't tried that in years .. i need strokes(insert laugh).

jw11 

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Estimable Member
10/08/2019 7:02 am  

In MB now.  Plan to try the NMB Rioz this week.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Honorable Member
10/09/2019 11:40 am  

Now looking forward to getting to the new Rioz's in Nov. for me the highlight is the pineapple dusted with cinnamon after filling up on everything else.  

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
10/09/2019 11:41 am  

I've gained 5 lbs just reading about Rioz! 

ReplyQuote
CBP Section 205
(@cbp-section-205)
Eminent Member
10/11/2019 4:28 pm  

I have to say - we went late two years ago.  Food very good.  Service was beyond fantastic.  Our Server helped play a prank on a friend of ours.  Was beyond funny, random people just cracking up laughing.  We actually had to assure her boss that she did not insult the guy in our group.  Some of our group would go every year, although we did not go last year.

Paid for it the next day - think I still had the meat sweats!  Rivers Edge got the best of me.

ReplyQuote
jchez444
(@jchez444)
10/28/2019 2:16 pm  

we love that place, every year our group all goes together. This year we tried the new one in north myrtle and i must say i prefer the one at broadway at the beach. the food was great but with a large group we were place in a side room and kinda felt like we were slightly forgotten about and had to ask for a lot of the dishes that never even made its way around. i believe the location is smaller or at least appeared that way. but still the food was great and we enjoyed our time

ReplyQuote
Share: