Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Was wondering if th...

Was wondering if this is still true today....  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/11/2019 5:04 pm  

Art - Jag Lair or any course that would reopen would be considered new in my book. If I had the money (billions) I would do something with Marsh Harbor - perhaps the best design on MB.

2many - not familiar with Horry Seafood (not a seafood fan) But the growth on 9 is incredible - guessing 3000 homes or more in the works right now. I would expect a few more restaurants coming - that Seamans always seems to be very busy.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
07/11/2019 6:52 pm  

Thanks all! Great information. 

ReplyQuote
2manyputters
(@2manyputters)
Eminent Member
07/12/2019 8:20 am  
Posted by: Undercover Golf Pro

Art - Jag Lair or any course that would reopen would be considered new in my book. If I had the money (billions) I would do something with Marsh Harbor - perhaps the best design on MB.

2many - not familiar with Horry Seafood (not a seafood fan) But the growth on 9 is incredible - guessing 3000 homes or more in the works right now. I would expect a few more restaurants coming - that Seamans always seems to be very busy.

Horry Seafood has been closed for over a year, thus is merely a vacant building with its old signage in place. I was inquiring because I believe you live nearby and may have some knowledge of what the owners are going to do with the property. It was not a question about the food. Are you familiar with the location? 

This post was modified 4 months ago by 2manyputters

IMG_0649.jpg

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/12/2019 10:02 am  

Not familiar with it - where was/is Horry Seafood located?

ReplyQuote
RickK
(@rickk)
Eminent Member
07/12/2019 11:41 am  

Speaking of Jaguar's Lair, has anything been done at all there?  Or is it just growing up in weeds like Bay Tree was for a while?

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/12/2019 12:03 pm  

Haven't been by there in probably a year - was weeds growing at that time

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
07/12/2019 2:11 pm  
Posted by: RickK

Speaking of Jaguar's Lair, has anything been done at all there?  Or is it just growing up in weeds like Bay Tree was for a while?

All the building in MB doesn't seem to have hit the Ocean Ridge area.   
Leopard's Chase doesn't look like a lot of building is happening and it still has
the temp clubhouse.  

At Jaguar Lair, they started building holes about 10-12 years ago.  I even saw them 
working on the clubhouse back then.   The recession plus some issues with
infrastructure stalled it out.  I have not heard anything about JL restarting. 

Ocean Ridge might be too high end housing for many, without the course conditions
to go with a high end community.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/12/2019 2:28 pm  

Art - Not sure why Ocean Ridge has slowed down - perhaps it's because of all the available housing in the MB and NMB area that's right in town. I'm sure I'm wrong, but golf course housing doesn't seem to be selling that much other than at Colonial Charters where its booming. Not seeing much at Wild Wing either.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
07/12/2019 7:39 pm  

I would be surprised concerning Ocean Ridge. A bit away of Myrtle Beach. Other options are available.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/12/2019 7:42 pm  
Posted by: S***H

I would be surprised concerning Ocean Ridge. A bit away of Myrtle Beach. Other options are available.

That was my first thought too, except they are not far from Calabash and Shallotte. There may be more home building than we know about - haven't been there in quite awhile.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
07/12/2019 8:47 pm  

Art - Not sure why Ocean Ridge has slowed down - perhaps it's because of all the available housing in the MB and NMB area that's right in town. I'm sure I'm wrong, but golf course housing doesn't seem to be selling that much other than at Colonial Charters where its booming. Not seeing much at Wild Wing either.

If Col Charters housing is booming, it might be smaller lower cost homes or it's away 
from central MB, but not too far and still near shopping and many courses.  It can't be 
due to the course at Col Charters, unless all they want is the cheapest golf. 

If Wild Wing housing isn't popular, I don't know why it would be more popular at
Wizard.     

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
07/13/2019 5:59 am  

I agree with Art. The housing development at the Wild Wing is not popular. The traffic on the 501 is probably a factor. The traffic is heavy, the noise, and the long waiting lines are too much for many persons.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/13/2019 6:49 am  

I wouldn't buy in Wild Wing. While MBN is not much better for traffic, at least it has three courses I like playing!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
07/13/2019 6:58 am  

Three courses including Kings North. A good package. 😉 

ReplyQuote
2manyputters
(@2manyputters)
Eminent Member
07/13/2019 8:12 am  

Not familiar with it - where was/is Horry Seafood located?

It's just over three miles east from the Long Bay entrance on the left. Just after you pass what used to be HB Spokes Saloon.

IMG_0649.jpg

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: