Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Trip Report June 15...

Trip Report June 15-21st  

RSS

Heist4dmb
(@heist4dmb)
06/26/2019 7:07 am  

started with a very late round at legends Heathland on the way into town on Saturday the 15th. Thanks to MB for getting me out with next to no notice! Shop looks unreal. As usual. 

Course was in great shape. Great tees fairways and greens. A little slow on the greens but I was playing at 6pm at night. I am sure they were perfect that morning and the next morning. Love heathland. Haven’t played it in 10+ years. 

17th Prestwick: I’ve said it once I’ll say it again, the most underrated course in town. I think most gave this as a tier 2 track. Not me. It’s tier 1. Great value. Great condition. Great clubhouse. Not sure what more you’d like?

we started on 10. That tee shot tho....🤦🏻‍♂️. But got it going a little bit. 9/18 ate my lunch a little. Fantastic all around. If you haven’t played PW go. It’s a fantastic golf course. In great shape. 

6/20- the Mecca. 

Got a chance to play the Dunes Club with the old man. Greens have healed up very well. A little sandy still but roll fast and true. The also sanded fairways not too long Ago, but by now are probably next to perfect. Dennis and his staff are top notch and I consider this place incredibly special. SO much so that my bathroom in my basement is nothing but The Dunes club decor.

what I didn’t know is there redid their golf shop. Holy S**t! I didn’t even recognize it. Dennis was nice enough to give me a little tour and discuss how everything came to be. It really is incredible.

especially when you walk in clueless to the renovation. I was blown away. 

only problem I have with the Dunes Club....is leaving. 

Until next time!

matt 

S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/26/2019 12:34 pm  

Interesting report Matt! The Dunes is a incredible golf course. Thanks for this good read!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
06/26/2019 1:13 pm  

Thanks for the report!

Great trio of courses that you played and I do agree 100 % with you about Prestwick... a hiddem gem among top notch courses in the Myrtle Beach area!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
06/26/2019 1:46 pm  

thanks for the Update Matt. I am with you on Prestwick, i would play there all the time without hesitation. Dunes club yeah i am with you also, what a great place. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
06/26/2019 4:36 pm  

Prestwick #10 is a difficult tee shot, especially starting on #10.  We don't have much 
more than the right half of the fairway to hit, to get an open shot to the green.  

After golf at The Dunes, I ate lunch with my group in the grill, then forgot to look around 
the new pro shop.   

Thanks for reporting! 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Trusted Member
06/26/2019 10:01 pm  

All these great reports coming and are going to make the selection process hard next year. Thanks for the report

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
06/27/2019 4:14 am  

Great report, thanks.

Who is the old man you played the Dunes with  ?

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Honorable Member
06/27/2019 8:20 am  

Thanks for your report, agree with on your assessment of Prestwick, a lot better course then many give it credit for and yes! leaving the Dunes is tough, so much History there. 

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
06/27/2019 10:47 am  

Thanks for the report. Agree with you about Prestwick

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/27/2019 1:37 pm  

Prestwick is on my list for the next winter.

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Trusted Member
07/05/2019 12:52 pm  

Thanks for the report.  Prestwick is one of my favorites as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: