Notifications
Clear all

TPCMB 10/26/2020  

RSS

SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Eminent Member
10/27/2020 12:12 pm  

Birthday round for me with Mrs. SecondandGoal. As with the first time we played TPC in the spring, the conditions were absolutely impeccable, and by far the best of the 4 courses we played this trip (which is saying something, as the other 3 were in very good shape). Tee boxes, fairways, rough, and greens were all near-perfect. Greens were very quick at about an 11, and rolled true and smooth.

The area where TPC may have stood out the most from the other courses we played was the sand traps. In spite of the recent heavy rains, the bunkers were all raked out, and very soft. 

Pace of play, which I know can often be a problem here, was excellent yesterday. Pretty much a full tee sheet, but we got around in under 4 hours.

Love seeing the grounds crew out constantly working on the course. They're very careful about not infringing on your round, and are great about doing their job without getting in your way or disturbing you. 

JMHO, but of the courses I've played down here (which admittedly isn't as many as a lot of you, but I'm getting there), this is my second favorite. I'd put it half a step behind Caledonia, right there with Grand Dunes Members Club, and a step ahead of True Blue and Grand Dunes Resort Club.  Great layout, much more forgiving than I expected from a TPC layout, but very challenging.

jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
10/27/2020 1:08 pm  

Maybe they use the Billy Better Bunker system. Supposedly the best way to do your bunkers, expensive.

Thanks for the update on a course that i loved playing. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
10/27/2020 4:34 pm  

I read that TPC has the Billy Bunker System.    

Thanks for another great report! 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Reputable Member
10/27/2020 7:59 pm  

Agreed....TPC was hands down the best conditioned course we played in September. 

Thanks for the reports.

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
10/29/2020 3:00 pm  

Thanks for the report @SecondandGoal!

TPC is a no brainer for the vast majority of Forum members and I would play that course on a regular basis if it was possible.

Did Mrs. SecondandGoal also appreciate her golf experience? 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
OBBlues
(@obblues)
Trusted Member
10/29/2020 3:33 pm  

Thanks for the report on a course that always seems to get great reviews. If we ever get back, we'll have to try it again. 

ReplyQuote
SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Eminent Member
10/29/2020 5:39 pm  
Posted by: @denisgilbert

Thanks for the report @SecondandGoal!

TPC is a no brainer for the vast majority of Forum members and I would play that course on a regular basis if it was possible.

Did Mrs. SecondandGoal also appreciate her golf experience? 😉

Mrs. SecondandGoal loved the course as well! She's only been playing for a few years, but she definitely knows a good course when she plays one!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
10/30/2020 6:11 pm  

You certainly can't go wrong with a round at TPC, thanks for your report.

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member
11/03/2020 9:11 am  

Thank you for the update.  TPC is a great course.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
11/03/2020 10:52 am  

Thanks for reporting. TPC is one of my favorite club.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
Share: