Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Surf Club with Quev...

Surf Club with Quevy and Artist 08  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/07/2019 7:10 pm  

On a beautiful Sunday morning we played a beautiful golf course. Can not say how good condition the Surf Club is in. Fairways are perfect, the greens beyond perfect. So smooth and fast - do NOT be above the hole. Such a pleasure to play this old course with great guys. Hats off to Artist who shot even par from the tips! And it was an easy 72 the way he hit the ball and putted. Quevy also played very well recovering from a triple bogey on the third hole to shoot 74 I think. Both hit it very long and well. Can't believe they made a 68 year old short guy play the tips too (actually it was my choice - there are times I like to stretch myself). I easily broke my goal on score and was pretty happy. Quevy is from MB - if you get a chance to play with him, do it. He is also an excellent golf instructor if you need help. 

If you've never played Surf - get there, my opinion is that it is the best conditioned course in the area day in and day out and an great old school layout. Nothing flashy - just solid holes all the way around. They also have a great pro and staff - Brian can help you get on.

UGP Quevy  Artist

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
07/07/2019 7:25 pm  

Can't imagine how slick the greens are now if they're better than they were in April! Sounds like a great day all around.

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
07/07/2019 7:26 pm  
  • Forgot to ask...what was your goal?

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/07/2019 7:41 pm  

My goal is better off unsaid. Let’s leave it as that there were several par fours that played as short par 5s for me.that I couldn’t reach in two  I hit a lot of 3 woods from the fairway today. I shot 77 with a double on 18 and my goal was to break 80 from the tips. Quevy and artist hit their drives an average of 50 yards past me 

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
07/07/2019 10:33 pm  

Breaking 80 from the tips was my guess.

Nice round.

ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Eminent Member
07/08/2019 12:04 am  

We had fun in the sun!

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
07/08/2019 3:56 am  

I wish I coulda filled out the foursome. Sounds like a fantastic day. And I woulda got to use my straw hat to hide my face.

Glad you boys had a good time.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
07/08/2019 4:03 am  

Quevy & Artist08 are still Undercover.

Nice job.

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Quevy63
(@quevy63)
07/08/2019 7:38 am  

UGP you are spot on about the Surf course condition and Staff, both are A1! I personally love playing old traditional style courses so this George Cobb designed course is right up my alley. The greens were tour level perfect rolling around a 12 and there were no bad lies in the fairways. Like UGP said, "you don't want to be above the hole." It was a pleasure playing with UGP, Artist, and Zack the camera man who began the round with back spasms that stayed with him all day. All I can say Zack is that I know your pain and hope you get better by Friday!

See you guys later!

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Trusted Member
07/08/2019 9:23 am  

Thanks for the update!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
07/08/2019 10:15 am  

Seems that golf was great... and the company also!

A perfect combo to say the least!

Thanks for sharing!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/08/2019 10:47 am  

Dennis - Watching Quevy and Artist hit long towering drives was truly enjoyable. On the par 5 5th hole Quevy hit a beautiful drive and followed it up with a high 5 iron over some tall trees to 20 feet! On the very long 10th hole par 5 Artist was hole high left. When you're with players  that can bomb it - and keep it in play you have to remember just to play your game while enjoying theirs.

ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Eminent Member
07/08/2019 10:48 am  

Thanks to Quevy and UGP for letting me tag along.  These guys striped it!

Saw Yacht Rock Revue last night at HOB - awesome! 

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
07/08/2019 4:02 pm  

Thanks for the update on the course. it sounds like a great day was had by all

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
07/08/2019 6:41 pm  

I know so well about being 40 to 50 behind the long knockers. You UCP is right on you have to just play your game you can't play their game.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: