Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Single Looking 6/15...

Single Looking 6/15 in the morning  

RSS

Heist4dmb
(@heist4dmb)
June 11, 2019 9:03 am  

Looking to play somewhere somewhat central morning of 6/15. 

Obviously tough to get on a tee sheet as a single. Figure

before showing up and begging to play with someone , I’d ask friends here. 

Thinking between Prestwick - Tidewater from a geography perspective 

jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
June 11, 2019 1:19 pm  

I have never had an issue getting on the Tee sheet as a single, just be prepared to play with people. I have done it a day or two before and also booked months in advance as a single. I would give Tidewater a call and i bet they get you in. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Heist4dmb
(@heist4dmb)
June 11, 2019 2:30 pm  

Thanks. Wasn’t picking from prestwick and tidewater. Was thinking pw is the most South I would drive and TW the most north. 

Love them both tho. Haha. 

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
June 11, 2019 3:04 pm  

Don't show up at a course.  You might either be rushed out or wait hours. 
As a single, it's still best to call Brian or the course a day or two before. 
Then you can get paired up with others around the time you want to play. 
That way you can plan your time, get there hit balls, whatever. 

If you happen to pick a timeframe when nobody is playing, then you can play alone.       

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
June 12, 2019 1:08 pm  

Never had a problem to play as a single. I book my tee time 48 hrs before. Good golf.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
June 13, 2019 7:53 pm  

Contact me - I can play Saturday afternoon

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Share: