Prestwick with Pole...

Prestwick with Polekat  

RSS

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 9:55 am  

Played here yesterday, wind was up to 20+ mph at times, but sun was out and CPO on 5 holes only and finally hooked up with Forum Member Polekat was ended up being our token rightie as the rest of us were left handed.  It did not throw him off at all as his game although rusty is very solid.

As for the layout, you can't say enough good things about Prestwick, another Dye creation that makes you think for all 18 holes.  The course was in good shape as well after a big rain the day before, tee areas are green from over seed and fairly flat.  Fairways had the ball sitting up nicely, roughs not crazy deep with dormant Bermuda and easy to hit out of.   Greens were fast and my best guess is rolling at an 11, downhill putts the number is much higher as we could all attest to.  Traps all groomed even after the rains so staff here is on the ball.  Holes 9 and 18 wrap around a large lake and the clubhouse sit right behind, great Kodak moment if you wish to take home a memory.

We will most definitely be back and this course should be added to your list of must plays IMO, it is that good.  Should add we were first off the 1st tee and our POP was just under 4 hours.

This topic was modified 4 days ago by leftygar1

S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 11:08 am  

It is certainly a great course. When it is windy the challenge is bigger. Under these conditions, can i ask you very kindly how many GIRs it was possible to reach for you Lefty?

Thanks for this update!

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
12/03/2019 11:26 am  

thanks for the update on a Great course and one of my favorites. 

I played this last time in a misty rain, not the kind you got wet with but enough you noticed it. It was awesome play no matter what and a thinkers course. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
12/03/2019 11:30 am  

Nice report once again Gary, thank you!

For those who haven't play Prestwick yet, please follow Gary's advice and just give it a go!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Trusted Member
12/03/2019 11:59 am  

Thanks for posting and it was great to play a round with you.  I hope to join you again in late December or in January as my schedule allows.  The "Lefty's" are a great group of guys to play a round of golf with.

Your report is spot on.  Couldn't have written it up any better.  There's nothing like having a strong wind in your teeth on 9 & 18 to add to the challenge.  The greens were outstanding.  It's a course that does give you a little bit of room off of the tee, but the approach shot and around the greens can get out of hand quickly if you are in the wrong position.

A big thumbs up for playing Prestwick at the moment!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 4:00 pm  

@polekat914

Once you have your days to play available just shoot me a line and you in!!  If the weather holds we can set up a game at Heritage to strike it off your list.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 4:07 pm  

@s333h

Hit 1 Par 3 in reg. just short on 2 of them, made Par on all 3, and deep sixed one on 13 for a solid 5.  Think I hit 5 more in reg, of course had a three or maybe 4 putt on 1 hole and Par on the rest, the other 9 holes were fun to say the least, bogies and a couple of doubles.  Still a great day their and as I said we will get back to Prestwick for sure.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
12/03/2019 6:56 pm  

Prestwick from the proper tees is an excellent test of golf with a little less Dye BS than his other courses.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 7:03 pm  

I like the last 7 words UGP 😆 

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
12/03/2019 11:00 pm  

Agree about Prestwick it is a must play.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 11:46 pm  

This one is still on my bucket list.

The reports are always good.

I golfed with PK at Wizard and Possum Trot ... a good guy to golf with.

Thanks for the update Lefty.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Share: