Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Prestwick, Willbroo...

Prestwick, Willbrook, and Heritage  

RSS

herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
06/23/2019 10:29 pm  

That was the lineup this weekend. And, it was a good one.

Prestwick: This course is in very good shape for summer. Greens were rolling really good. Best greens of this lineup. This is an underrated course. Playing tough with the rough and of course some of the Dye trickery. Very impressed with the condition that it is in and the greens were really good. Recommend it highly. One of my favorites and top Grand Strand course. 

Willbrook: Cart Path Only because of a storm that morning. Very scenic. Greens a little bumpy and slower(much slower and more bumpy than Prestwick). Very scenic around the clubhouse. #1 is a tough opening hole as mentioned previously. Course in good shape. Greens a little marginal but, nothing bad. 

Heritage: I posted this under the Heritage thread. Played heritage 6/23/19. Cart Path Only as there was rain both days prior. Made for a somewhat long day along with the crowd of golfers. Heritage is a great layout and in my book underrated course and my opinion one of the top Grand Strand courses. It is a tough course(for me anyway) but, fun to play. You can catch some really good deals there. We got it today for $40 which included lunch.  I honestly put it up there with True Blue and Caledonia.   

jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
06/24/2019 12:52 am  

I still haven't played Prestwick, but will soon.

3 nice courses.

Thanks for posting.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/24/2019 5:04 am  

Good lineup. Never played Prestwick but it is on my list for the next winter. Thanks for your report!

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
06/24/2019 2:28 pm  

Thanks for update!

JW and S**h you have to play Prestwick, hands down one of my favorite in MB. I love that you have to be on your game to play well, loose your mind and boom double or worse. It is always in nice shape. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
06/24/2019 2:30 pm  

Thanks for the report. Solid lineup

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
06/24/2019 9:28 pm  

Willbrook greens are usually better than than that. 

Thanks for reporting. 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
06/25/2019 12:56 pm  

Great report on a wonderul tio of golf couses!

Thanks for sharing!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/25/2019 3:12 pm  

Wilbrook has very good greens most of the time. 

ReplyQuote
Share: