Parklands with 6542

11 Posts
8 Users
2 Likes
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Got a last round in with the Brownwood Bandit - met his posse of 12 - good guys. The course was very soft after all the rain we had - no roll and CPO, but I expect them to let carts on the fairways tomorrow or the next day. Greens were very good and the entire course was well grassed - could have played it down except for the mud. While not in my top 10, Parkland is a solid course with a good variety of holes. Warning - it plays long even if the ball is rolling.

And finally - if you ever get the chance to play with 6542 - you'll enjoy his game - very solid.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

DenisGilbert reacted
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

If Parkland's White tees are still 6500 yards, it makes no sense for the 
course to do that.      Green is 6000 ans should be the white. 

Thanks! 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

My issue with the length is that most of the package players don't want to play green tees and will automatically go to white - doesn't matter the yardage. And that slows down play greatly.

jbshepherds reacted
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Yes. Many golfers do not play from the good tees. This is a major factor that explain the slow play. 

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
(@langille5)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the report. Agree with the previous statements about picking the proper yardage to ply. people will enjoy themselves more and will play quicker and then everyone is happy. TEE IT FORWARD.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

Since many golfers automatically play the white tees, the tee color scheme on 
Parkland is crazy.    Green is good for most, but still too long for SR.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I did notice that they had some of the green tees moved up to the back of the reds. First time I saw that - maybe because of no roll that day

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Parkland is as you said a solid course, it does play long from the reg. tees.  When we play it over the winter we move up on 4 of the longer Par 4's to make it more playable, not fun hitting 3 shots into a 430 plus hole with no roll.  Good to see rain has returned to your area, hope it does not come with a hurricane this year.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Good insight once again UGP, thank you!

Personnally, played there 2-3 times and always found Parkland really challenging!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Honorable Member

I totally agree with what UCP said about Parkland. It was great to get one more round in with the pro.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
(@jbshepherds)
Noble Member

thanks for the update!!!!

Let the Big Dawg Bark!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: