Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

New Greens: Shaft G...

New Greens: Shaft Glen, MW Palmetto, Pearl West  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
06/12/2019 1:42 pm  

Those 3 courses are getting new greens this summer, plus other improvements. 
Read the report!

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/golf/article231413018.html

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/12/2019 2:28 pm  

Good to see improvements rather than closures - ut means operators are bullish on golf in MB

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/12/2019 5:20 pm  

Lot of information in this article. Shaftesbury will have new waste bunkers. I do not like them on a golf course. I prefer a grass bunker to a waste bunker. Long Bay has a famous waste bunker. But what is the fun to play your ball in a waste bunker? Just my humble opinion. 

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/12/2019 5:24 pm  

s....t - next time we play together - I'll show you why full shots from waste areas are easier than thick rough. Not the biggest fan of SB - but it's a pretty good course.  Look forward to playing again!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/12/2019 6:56 pm  

UGP it will be a pleasure to play again together next winter. 

For the waste bunker, i think that it is not the way to attract more golfers at a golf course. Golf has to be easier to play if you want to attract new golfers to play.  Golf is too complicated for many golfers. If the owners think that it is in making their golf course more difficult that they will have more golfers, it is wrong. It is better to take an another road. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by S***H

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
06/12/2019 11:22 pm  

The waste bunkers make the course look more modern than a field of rough, but
that's mostly from above in a fly over.     

They are using the waste bunkers to help drainage.  While they will rake the waste
bunkers occasionally, it will be less than if they were cutting the rough it replaced. 
Golfers can find their ball faster and it's not hard to play from.   

Driving carts in the waste bunker is OK, but I don't like it when the design allows or 
forces carts to be next to the green in the waste bunker.   Then you have a mess of 
either footprints, tire tracks or packed sand.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/13/2019 6:49 am  
Posted by: ArtMBGolf 
Driving carts in the waste bunker is OK, but I don't like it when the design allows or 
forces carts to be next to the green in the waste bunker.   Then you have a mess of 
either footprints, tire tracks or packed sand.   

I agree. At Long Bay, for example. 

ReplyQuote
Metric
(@metric)
Eminent Member
06/13/2019 11:23 am  

Art is right it’s because of the drainage. As wet as Shaftesbury gets it’s cart path only quite a bit. With the waste bunkers you can get a lot closer to your ball. Glad they’re working on the course. 

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
06/13/2019 11:34 am  

Thanks for the link to the info Art. You're always on top of the news. 

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/13/2019 11:51 am  

Waste areas are one of the reasons that many golfers don't like The Founders Club - but for me they are a big plus and one of the reasons I like Founders

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/13/2019 3:22 pm  

Well. I feel alone. Maybe i am the only one that is against the waste bunker. 😉 

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
06/14/2019 6:42 pm  

New greens on the West course at Pearl will be good, although I felt they rolled very good this past winter.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/14/2019 8:47 pm  

I agree with Leftygar. I have played them in March. The greens were in good shape at this time.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
06/16/2019 6:09 am  

Great article by Blondin.

I'm thinking Art gave Blondin the heads up on a lot of the new course updates.

Thank for posting Art.

I love reading about MB golf courses. Especially when improvements are being made.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/16/2019 6:33 am  

JW - I think Art wrote the article and gave it to Blondin!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: